Star Wars Half Marathon Event Sprinting Toward Walt Disney World Resort in 2016

On the one hand, I'm excited that they're bringing another race weekend to Florida - it's much needed.

On the other hand, I'm sick of Star Wars everywhere and wish it was any other theme.

But I know a lot of people wanted this, so I'm happy for those who have been waiting and hoping for this to be announced.

On the one hand, I'm excited that they're bringing another race weekend to Florida - it's much needed.

On the other hand, I'm sick of Star Wars everywhere and wish it was any other theme.

But I know a lot of people wanted this, so I'm happy for those who have been waiting and hoping for this to be announced.
The new movie isn't even out yet so get ready for even more and more Star Wars.

The new movie isn't even out yet so get ready for even more and more Star Wars.

Yeah, I'm going to have to live in a cave for the next few years.

Or, maybe I'll decide to see the new movie when it comes out and I'll end up loving it and then get really excited about this race...

Yeah, I'm going to have to live in a cave for the next few years.

Or, maybe I'll decide to see the new movie when it comes out and I'll end up loving it and then get really excited about this race...
I've never been a huge Star Wars fan like some are but I am a sucker for RunDisney races.

I wish I wasn't still in school so I could go to all of these races.

I think its cool! But I love Star Wars :) I've never done a Disney World run but I'm thinking this will be the one to finally get me to do it. Can't do 2016 though. I'll be waiting for 2017 hopefully.

This is me, word for word. I was really hoping for a Pixar race weekend for WDW.

Congrats to all the rD/Star Wars fans!

From the "What Imanginary RunDisney Race Do You Want To Race In" (April 8 2015):
Here's how I see a potential WDW Star Wars race going:
During one of the SW Weekends
Since DL has the Rebel Challenge, WDW would indeed be a nighttime race, dubbed either Imperial Challenge or Dark Side Challenge. Or, better yet, Imperial Challenge is half/full, and Dark Side Challenge is 5k/10k/half/full!
Your C2C would be a special 'Kessel Run' Challenge medal
Kids Fun Run medals would be Padawan Medals

edit: oooo, add in the Castaway Cay 5K on a Star Wars cruise and earn the Galactic Traveler Challenge Medal!

Boy, did I came close to nailing it down!
Called the Dark Side Challenge and Kessel Run!

edit: And because it's for 2016 and not 2017 I'm going to miss it, no way can I afford to go, already doing Dopey in January, I can't justify turning around and going back in 3 months... not unless I hit the lottery, or I convince a few hundred Star Wars fans to give generously for a Kessel Run Charity Challenge (considering how bad my Dopey fundraising for charity is going, not gonna happen)

Last edited:
Love Star Wars so excited to see it, but not loving the dates for it (it's not even during Star Wars weekends). I would like to see another Fall race offered.

I'd love to do this but I don't think I can get down again unless I only went for the weekend of the race flying down Friday and back Sunday.

damn it...I wonder if they will have a Coast-to-Coast for StarWars now...and of course I'm not able to go to the Disneyland one this year so I'll be screwed!!! ARGHHGHGHGH

Half Marathon course description: Epcot, then Animal Kingdom, then Hollywood Studios, finish in ESPN. Sounds like the reverse of Wine & Dine. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter