Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Up-charge or Add On Events Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Info & Planning' started by rteetz, Jan 29, 2019.

1. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Add On Events!

As of right now there are no official Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge add ons or up-charges. It is expected there will be some due to demand whether it is Early Morning events of After Hours. There is also the opportunity for VIP style tours with front of the line access and practically anything you could imagine.

Example of VIP tour that one may book for Galaxy's Edge.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/01/new-world...fers-cinderella-castle-suite-access-and-more/

• Backstage access and transportation
    • Front of the line attraction access
    • A tour of the Cinderella Castle Dream Suite
    • Exclusive nighttime spectacular viewing spaces
    • All meals included (3 a day, with select “alcohol”)
    • Access to any restaurant at Walt Disney World (no normal reservations needed)
    • and many more possibilities based on guest request
    More add ons will be added to this thread as they are available.

saskdw and BigRed98 like this.
  2. yesdnil

yesdnil #momlife

Following!

rteetz likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Runnsally

Runnsally Mouseketeer

This is a fantastic thread idea. Is speculation allowed?

rteetz likes this.
  5. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

There's nothing we Diss'ers love more

yesdnil and rteetz like this.
  6. Runnsally

Runnsally Mouseketeer

Exact same event as Toy Story Early Morning Magic except for SWGE...$299 per person. Anyone taking the over?

rteetz likes this.
  7. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

I think thats a fair price. I don't know if they will do an early morning magic for SWGE though. I have a feeling it will be after hours or other add ons. EMM includes breakfast and I am not sure they will have breakfast in this land and having the breakfast outside the land would not be the best thematically.

8. Future_WorldPhonencian

Future_WorldPhonencian Mouseketeer

I typically don't bite when it comes to Parties, EMM, or After Hours events but I would make an exception for Star Wars! How much would other folks being willing to pay for an EMM style event in SWGE? I can't see myself paying more than $150 -170 a person if it includes breakfast.
    What are other folks willing to spend?

9. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

It was $299 for the preview of Pixar Pier at Disneyland, the reimagined Paradise Pier land. That ticket included admission to DCA for 6 hours so not bad. You also got a voucher for one food item and a swag bag, plus access before anyone else to the re themed rides that already existed

rteetz likes this.
  10. Runnsally

Runnsally Mouseketeer

I bet a similar preview experience for SWGE - which I assume they will do if the construction schedule allows - will cost about twice the price...$600.

yulilin3 likes this.
  11. Jimmy Mouse

Jimmy Mouse My other car is the Monorail

I know I will be one to pay for a special event, no question. But it would have to be very limited. If they do an event for say 3-4 hours but over sell it like MNSSHP then it won't be worth it. If it's like the Disney after hours events then it will be great!

rteetz likes this.
  12. Iowamomof4

Iowamomof4 DIS Veteran

The problem is, we may not know until we go how limited it will be. I'm imagining a preview-type event that is held before the land officially opens. In that case, it'll be take what they're offering or you miss out. There will be no opportunity to just wait and see. And actually, with how popular I anticipate this land being, it'll be that way even for events: take it or leave it. Of course, if they crowd the land too much, they'll just have to deal with a bunch of refunds.