Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Reposting this since I incorrectly created a separate post earlier....Just did a quick check of availability for Savi's and Droid Depot. I wasn't surprised to see that Savi's has no availability through January with the exception of a couple spots for the end of this week/weekend from people canceling. I was really surprised to see that there are open spots for just about all of November except for the 25th (as of this morning), but for some reason it is solidly booked from December 1-13th.

I thought for sure it would be booked completely for Thanksgiving week and the Christmas holidays (last 2 weeks of the year). Any idea why there wouldn't be any availability for Dec 1-13th? I'm hoping it's not an indication of really heavy crowds as my next trip falls right between those dates.

I would not read anything into that as Savi's is limited to I think is 12 or 14 each time and averge time is about 20 mins. My experience was 28 mins total from the time it started to walking out, there is only so many spots and I believe that Disney holds some spots for walkups, so I would not worry about the crowds as SWGE will probably be busy for awhile.....

Has anyone had any issues with your droid later on? I shipped mine home ahead of me, and I just opened it up and it’s completely dead. Like it won’t turn on at all. It was insured for 100 so I can probably file a claim but is there something I’m missing? Secret button combo on the remote to turn it back on?

Has anyone had any issues with your droid later on? I shipped mine home ahead of me, and I just opened it up and it’s completely dead. Like it won’t turn on at all. It was insured for 100 so I can probably file a claim but is there something I’m missing? Secret button combo on the remote to turn it back on?
I would first replace the batteries and then re-sync the controller to the robot, if you left either on as a mistake it could have drained them, also check the Disney web page maybe there is some suggestions, good luck!

Look at the instructions first
https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...droid-depot/BB-8-Instruction-Sheet-064019.pdfhttps://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...roid-depot/R2-D2-Instruction-Sheet-060419.pdfAfter 5 mins of inactivity the droid goes into sleep mode and you have to turn off both the unit and the remote and sync up the remote again

Anyone know if you can buy "scrap" at WDW GE?
I have not seen anything that I would describe as "scrap" unless you count the things found that are for sale at the Antiquities shop (like the crystals are found in the scrapyard in the book)

Reposting this since I incorrectly created a separate post earlier....Just did a quick check of availability for Savi's and Droid Depot. I wasn't surprised to see that Savi's has no availability through January with the exception of a couple spots for the end of this week/weekend from people canceling. I was really surprised to see that there are open spots for just about all of November except for the 25th (as of this morning), but for some reason it is solidly booked from December 1-13th.

I thought for sure it would be booked completely for Thanksgiving week and the Christmas holidays (last 2 weeks of the year). Any idea why there wouldn't be any availability for Dec 1-13th? I'm hoping it's not an indication of really heavy crowds as my next trip falls right between those dates.
Rise of the resistance opens Dec 5. SWGE will be insane that week.

Anyone else here buy the BB-8 head cup with the lights and adorable sounds? Do your lights stay on? The lights keep turning off after a few minutes. I’m thinking it’s not supposed to do that and I should ask for an exchange when we go tomorrow. Just bought it 8/29 and still have the receipt.I thought it was a battery issue so I put new ones but that only fixed the problem for a few hours.

I am getting really excited to build my Lightsaber and droid tomorrow. I came in earlier today. And all this planning and being in the boards and talking with you guys and seeing the pictures doesn't make it seem real.

Am I able to buy my droid, backpack and personality chip all at the same time or do I need to build the droid first?

Am I able to buy my droid, backpack and personality chip all at the same time or do I need to build the droid first?
You will pay for the droid and backpack as you enter, before you start building. I don't think they have any chips there that I'm aware of. The chips are over in the area where you can shop outside the build area. The bags are there too, so you can buy it either place.

You still have the oportunity to buy the backpack in the shop on the other side of the build area along with the wall of personalty chips and the many various accessories I saw when I was there on the 29th so you have options......

Checked out as much of the merch as I could. My vote for the most underrated item...the protocol droid hand picture frame at Droid Depot. It’s fantastic!

went back to Batuu last night mostly to play with the datapad, my DD finally had a day off and she wanted to play in the land.
I took my RY-19 (Droid I built during previews) and he was as happy as a clam to be back home, he beeped and booped and people commented on him being so "vocal"
And yes of course I pretended to understand his beeps, my DD and I exited the Falcon and she was saying how she actually loved to be Engineer and RY beeped at that moment so I said " I think RY agrees with you:
Living my SW story with every visit
Also the book just brings a next level of understanding, I was so pleased to find the Wishing Tree at Savi's

went back to Batuu last night mostly to play with the datapad, my DD finally had a day off and she wanted to play in the land.
I took my RY-19 (Droid I built during previews) and he was as happy as a clam to be back home, he beeped and booped and people commented on him being so "vocal"
And yes of course I pretended to understand his beeps, my DD and I exited the Falcon and she was saying how she actually loved to be Engineer and RY beeped at that moment so I said " I think RY agrees with you:
Living my SW story with every visit
Also the book just brings a next level of understanding, I was so pleased to find the Wishing Tree at Savi's
It really does. The tie ins they did is AMAZING! It should almost be a must-read (or in my case, listen)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter