Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Opening Day merch can be found at Once Upon a Time. The line was starting at Fantasmic this morning.
I didn’t get to Once Upon a Time until we were leaving the park last Thursday and by 9:30 am the 4 pin LE set was sold out but everything else was still available.
Is there a “Limit of One” sign for the Spira gift cards?

In DL yesterday, we were limited to one each but went to more than one shop to purchase the total we needed.
It is supposed to be one per person but I was standing at the check out last Thursday and I saw a cm allowing 2 to a customer but told her she would have to ring it out in 2 separate transactions. I think she allowed her to buy 2 because the customer wasn’t very nice when she originally told her she couldn’t.
We're planning a spring break (late March 2020) trip and CANNOT WAIT to see Galaxy's Edge. Decided we def need to build a family droid and have a million questions. Reservations required? How far in advance? I thought I saw somewhere only 2 ppl per group....what does a parent with their 2 kids do? :( Can we send our droid back to the resort for a nap when we leave Galaxy's Edge or must he ride on Tower of Terror with us? So many questions.....so so excited!!!
I would def make a reservation although the cm working the droid line told me at Droid Depot they allow 3 walk-ups for every 9 reservations.
Anyone there now, are you able to buy spare lightsaber scrap and extra kyber crystals?
I was allowed one kyber crystal of each color (I only got one red, blue, and green). By Saturday they were already out of white and yellow. To tell you the truth I didn’t even try to buy more than one in each color.

Can someone share the link to make a Droid Depot reservation? My understanding is that I do not need to have my park tickets purchased yet? or a resort reservation yet?

Thanks for reporting! Very helpful for others as Batuuan Spira is a great souvenir and fun to use!

It makes sense to be able to purchase all from 1 shop. After our 2nd shop and purchase of 2 Spira, Chase texted my DD to confirm she had purchased $200 in items twice within less than 5 minutes. 😀

can you share what exactly it is you're saying is a great souvenir? :) I'm just beginning to learn the ins and outs of galaxy's edge and I'm not sure where a few people are talking about! :)

can you share what exactly it is you're saying is a great souvenir? :) I'm just beginning to learn the ins and outs of galaxy's edge and I'm not sure where a few people are talking about! :)
Batuuan Spira is a gift card/medallion - it’s the currency/credit of Batuu. 😊

It can be used at any Disney park - it’s a really cool gift card and can be reloaded at disneygiftcard.com or in a park:
https://images.app.goo.gl/PGFKKjYaftw9gJjs8

The ONLY place I had could not use the Batuuan Spira is a gift card/medallion was at BOG as the server had no idea how to enter it and gave me a difficult time about it and how they were not made aware of it so I could not use it, I mentioned it that he just had to scan the bar code and blew me off, so his tip was blown off......................meh.....

You don't want to abandon your droid too quickly! Droids interact with their surroundings in Black Spire. In fact, that's the main reason I made one. As a local I'll be visiting lots and want to have a droid with me to see what he does. Eventually I'm buying him a Resistance personality chip.

And when you are done, take it to the the Droid gift shop in the back where R2D2 is and they will deliver it to the front of the park or to your resort, that is what I did when I was finished with it, no need to carry it around the rest of the park!!

It is basicly a hard plastic type of material, in looking at it and seeing the light coming from it, it is a row of LEDS inside of the tube as there is a very faint void between the LEDS and in looking into the blade I can see the LEDS......

I did see other having saber fights so they can take a hit but I would not recommend it....

Attachments

• 20190903_232341.jpg
    20190903_232341.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190903_232413.jpg
    20190903_232413.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190903_232438.jpg
    20190903_232438.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 14
The ONLY place I had could not use the Batuuan Spira is a gift card/medallion was at BOG as the server had no idea how to enter it and gave me a difficult time about it and how they were not made aware of it so I could not use it, I mentioned it that he just had to scan the bar code and blew me off, so his tip was blown off......................meh.....

Thats not very Disney like or professional. But do they have a way to scan at sit downs? The registers have a place to swipe the cards but do they have scanners? I’d think they could type it in if there’s no way to scan it. Has anyone used a Spira at guest services? I don’t know if they have scanners either. I bought a discounted gift card which I want to transfer to my Spira, pay off my pass, and use the rest throughout the park.

All CM should know about it because it was reported on their main online site, the Hub. So you just got a lazy cm unfortunately

And when you are done, take it to the the Droid gift shop in the back where R2D2 is and they will deliver it to the front of the park or to your resort, that is what I did when I was finished with it, no need to carry it around the rest of the park!!

I was wondering if this was possible. I knew you could send it to the front of the park/your resort, but wasn't sure if you needed to do it right away, or if you could walk around with the droid and then do that. Good to know that it is possible!

Thats not very Disney like or professional. But do they have a way to scan at sit downs? The registers have a place to swipe the cards but do they have scanners? I’d think they could type it in if there’s no way to scan it. Has anyone used a Spira at guest services? I don’t know if they have scanners either. I bought a discounted gift card which I want to transfer to my Spira, pay off my pass, and use the rest throughout the park.

Oh they do as I found that even the carts in WDW and Disney Springs shop had bar code guns, every other "sit down" restaurant had ZERO issue on using it, most made comments that they never seen them before, at the HBD, had several CM come to look at it and wanted to know where I got it, all loved it and the servers who were on top of it turned it over and saw the scan box and knew what to do with it, the BOG guy was just not the best we had during our stay......oh well as did not carry cash what so ever this trip....
I was wondering if this was possible. I knew you could send it to the front of the park/your resort, but wasn't sure if you needed to do it right away, or if you could walk around with the droid and then do that. Good to know that it is possible!

Oh it can be done as when I was in the droid depot I asked about it and the delightful CM told me to take him out and about in GE and see how it reacts, it was pretty cool to see and yea the best part was when I was done took it to the cashier and all we needed was the receipt and it was done, lighsaber also!

Since this is a merch question thought I'd ask here
Anyone wondered why they don't offer the scarves like are sold in the market in the Black Spire book? I would totally buy. Probably never use it

We decided kinda of last minute to go to WDW for fall break. All my son wants to do is build a droid and due to late timing they are sold out for reservations. Does anyone know if they take walk in's?

We decided kinda of last minute to go to WDW for fall break. All my son wants to do is build a droid and due to late timing they are sold out for reservations. Does anyone know if they take walk in's?
during EMH it's all walk ups, you can also check through out the day, if they have space they will take you

Reposting this since I incorrectly created a separate post earlier....Just did a quick check of availability for Savi's and Droid Depot. I wasn't surprised to see that Savi's has no availability through January with the exception of a couple spots for the end of this week/weekend from people canceling. I was really surprised to see that there are open spots for just about all of November except for the 25th (as of this morning), but for some reason it is solidly booked from December 1-13th.

I thought for sure it would be booked completely for Thanksgiving week and the Christmas holidays (last 2 weeks of the year). Any idea why there wouldn't be any availability for Dec 1-13th? I'm hoping it's not an indication of really heavy crowds as my next trip falls right between those dates.

In the antique shop you can buy legacy lightsabers, which are replicas of lightsabers for many characters from the films. These also come with a special box/case. Does anyone know though, what's the difference between these and other ones that you can buy throughout Disney World? For instance, this:
https://www.shopdisney.com/rey-deluxe-lightsaber-star-wars-the-last-jedi-400020297549.html
That's a Rey lightsaber with a lightup blade. Is this any different from the ones in the antique shop? I didn't get a good chance to really look at the antique shop ones and ask the CM's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter