Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Day Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Info & Planning' started by rteetz, Jan 7, 2019.

1. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

I checked out the brochure for the VIP tours and I'm fairly certain it would be closer to the $625/hour rate which ends up being $4375 for a group of 10. We will be 4 adults plus a 1 year old......and the 1 year old counts as one of the 10. We're out! I can only hope for a EMH!

2. 10CJ

10CJ DIS Veteran

I did not realize it could be that early, last I heard people were predicting Dec. Interesting. Any idea when they will give a more specific month?

qv09vvp likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

When they are ready.

Disney shifted from saying Late Fall to Fall.

MamaJessie, saskdw and 10CJ like this.
  5. DisneyMom93

DisneyMom93 DisneyMom

I'm still hoping for December. It's still fall until the 21st!

Tink1987 likes this.
  6. DisneyMom93

DisneyMom93 DisneyMom

I'm hoping it's because they want people to take a chance and book throughout fall, not just December.

Rach3975 likes this.
  7. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I think they have just put everything as “Fall” -Galaxy’s Edge, MMRR, Skyliner, etc to sort of market everything together and have people book for everything not just for one specific thing - and more specifically the opening date of that one thing.

Plus I think the opening of one thing could impact the opening of the others, etc

Monykalyn, Rach3975 and DisneyMom93 like this.
  8. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

good point. I'm assuming Skyliner and MMRR open first, get the transportation working properly and effectively , have a new attraction up and running smoothly, then open the big one

9. lovethattink

lovethattink TPAS Moderator Moderator

We hope to be there opening day!

10. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

For anyone planning on being there opening day and just from my personal experience with opening day at Pandora, plan on, once inside Batuu to stay there until you are absolutely sure you want to leave. Once you leave the land you will probably won't be able to go back inside without making another line

Scoobie, yesdnil, BigRed98 and 3 others like this.
  11. DisneyMom93

DisneyMom93 DisneyMom

I hope they have lots of bathrooms.

saskdw likes this.
  12. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

My expectation as well just think when each of those is ready might impact when GE opens.

Like if MMRR isn’t ready until November then they might wait until Dec for GE even if they could get it open in November

DisneyMom93 and yulilin3 like this.
  13. Ariel620

Ariel620 Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="rteetz, post: 60117791, member: 462852"

Disney shifted from saying Late Fall to Fall.[/QUOTE]

That’s interesting when did they announce the shift from late fall to fall?

14. rteetz

That’s interesting when did they announce the shift from late fall to fall?[/QUOTE]
    All of the latest Disney marketing says Fall instead of Late Fall.

15. Atrain13

Atrain13 Mouseketeer

We will be there Dec. 8-15 and I really hope we miss opening day/week.

This is our last disney trip for some time and I'd much rather not deal with the crowds. I would think opening in November would be ideal for us. I would think most of the insane crowds would die down a bit at that point.

16. saskdw

saskdw DIS Veteran

I think you're wrong unfortunately. There will be no die down on the crowds at that point.

17. rteetz

In the first few months for sure. Even Pandora well over a year old now is still getting 90+ minute waits on a daily basis.

MamaJessie and Hopefully like this.
  18. yesdnil

yesdnil #momlife

Following along. Hoping to be there in the early days but can't change our trip dates, so it's all going to be on luck. With a toddler, we definitely won't have the ability to wait in lines for hours, but we would love to walk around, experience the ambience, and eat at one of the restaurants. A fast pass for either ride would be icing on the cake. Fingers crossed for any sort of hard ticket event.

19. Kanedax321

Kanedax321 Earning My Ears

Posting and watching for a slightly different reason: my wife and I are planning to go Dec 2-7 for our anniversary, before the opening was even announced. We're hoping the opening DOESN'T happen during our trip, but I want to see what is expected of the land, and of the park in general, if it does happen. When Toy Story Land opened, did the crowds and lines increase throughout the park? Will it be contained to the Outpost?

We were hoping for an early fall opening to let the crowds abate a bit, or for it to land some time after our trip, but I'm planning for every possibility.......

Hopefully likes this.
  20. a742246

a742246 And, and, and I caught a fish this big!

We will be at WDW from November 8-16 2019 , we hope it is open by then, if not we hope they would have the soft opening by then.

21. a742246

a742246 And, and, and I caught a fish this big!

We were at HS during 11/17-24, 2018 the crowds were crazy at HS. The best scenario would be to catch a soft opening.

Monykalyn likes this.