Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't for the life of me imagine them going through busy season without their crown jewel being ready. I'd expect DHS to make up ground and both parks to open for Memorial Day.
I just don't see that.

It depends how much they're prefabbing I think. Pandora seemed to be built mostly in place. Given that two essentially identical versions are being built here, it'd make sense to have one central fab, and ship the stuff Ikea style. I know this isn't the usual Disney construction approach, but it'd probably work out cheaper in this case. if they are taking this approach though, then we have no idea how much stuff has been fabbed already. Rocks and scenery could appear at a very unDisney pace.

Actually...all their rock work is computer fabricated and cut in sections now.

I think this rock work will go up much faster than Pandora.. the scale, isn't as big, where the rock work is concerned.

I think this rock work will go up much faster than Pandora.. the scale, isn't as big, where the rock work is concerned.

By "rock work"...that means facades too. All building details are aluminum, concrete, or fiberglass facades over steel shells

I can't for the life of me imagine them going through busy season without their crown jewel being ready. I'd expect DHS to make up ground and both parks to open for Memorial Day.

IIRC, DL's construction is ~4-6 months ahead of DHS. That's a lot of ground to make up, even if Disney is bringing people over from Avatarland and eventually Toy Story Land.

I'd expect them to open it in November/December timeframe, like Fantasyland's expansion did back in 2012.

IIRC, DL's construction is ~4-6 months ahead of DHS. That's a lot of ground to make up, even if Disney is bringing people over from Avatarland and eventually Toy Story Land.

I'd expect them to open it in November/December timeframe, like Fantasyland's expansion did back in 2012.

They used to like October because it was slow...but people don't travel the same anymore...

I can see this dragging till 2020

071317_d23-expo-parks-pavilion-preview-4.jpg

So is this outfit something like the CMs in the land will wear or is it just a costume? has a very Imperial look

Side note, have the said the timeframe that the land is set in? Is it after episode VI (so the timeframe of the new trilogy)?

It is set in a land many years after the events in the movie, a time when the indigenous and outsiders have become integrated......

Supposed to be 2 rides. A Millenium Falcon simulator type ride and then the signature attraction will be a large dark ride going through a First Order base

I mean, I like this, But if rumours are true that star tours will go away, this looks a lot like a star tours ride, in which case, we are breaking even, or I suppose gaining ONE ride for this massive 14 acre expansion ? THAT would be very disappointing. ANd believe me, I am the HUGEST star wars fan, and I SO want this to be Disney's answer to Harry Potter and for them to OUT DO Universal. The interactivity possibilities seem super cool. But, .... I want rides.

I really hope Star Tours doesn't go away. Would seem kind of stupid since they updated it not long ago and continue to add new scenes. Plus with teh increase in guests they will need rides jsut as much then as they do now to handle the loads. Also, it seems liek the Staw Wars Land will come over to right around where it is so could meet up with it at one end, maybealter the entrance a little bit to fit into the land a little better but think it is in a decnet spot to connect. Could understand if it was otherside o the park as it would be strange to have a large SW area but a lone attraction compeltely seperate from it. That's why I'll be curious to see what they do in Anaheim since their's is very seperate from it.

So...is Star Tours going to stay?
It would seem that they chose to build Star Wars land by Star Tours because it's already there!
But how would that work in Disneyland??

It would suck if they got rid of it in either case.. It's an already built people eater that just needs a little tinkering with the exterior theming.

I wonder if they would play up the fact that theres a Star Tours airport on this planet.

Ahhh so they aren't going to have them outside?? I wonder what they will do with the one currently outside of Star Tours.

That's the only bad thing about this, hah. They're gonna have to destroy the mini Endor forrest and take down that exterior AT-AT :(
But, i mean, the Millenium Falcon tho!

So...is Star Tours going to stay?
It would seem that they chose to build Star Wars land by Star Tours because it's already there!
But how would that work in Disneyland??

It would suck if they got rid of it in either case.. It's an already built people eater that just needs a little tinkering with the exterior theming.

I wonder if they would play up the fact that theres a Star Tours airport on this planet.
Star tours is eventually supposed to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter