Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to catch up on some of the news on youtube this afternoon and puzzled by suggestions that Galaxys Edge may not open until Dec Holidays. This was suggested on Mickey Views today as well.

Unless WDW is dealing with horrifying construction overruns that cannot be overcome, one must believe they are pushing, shoving and screaming to get that land at least partially opened by early July. Otherwise, another dead summer with low occupancy rates and a perfect storm brewing for busy December holiday season. And more, if some fav classic attractions start to close or are closed for updates in Spring/Summer 2019, more crowds and attendance jams at remaining headliners park wide. Heads would roll and some management would need to brush off their resumes.

I've been trying to catch up on some of the news on youtube this afternoon and puzzled by suggestions that Galaxys Edge may not open until Dec Holidays. This was suggested on Mickey Views today as well.

Unless WDW is dealing with horrifying construction overruns that cannot be overcome, one must believe they are pushing, shoving and screaming to get that land at least partially opened by early July. Otherwise, another dead summer with low occupancy rates and a perfect storm brewing for busy December holiday season. And more, if some fav classic attractions start to close or are closed for updates in Spring/Summer 2019, more crowds and attendance jams at remaining headliners park wide. Heads would roll and some management would need to brush off their resumes.

It’s always been stated that SWGE at WDW would not open until late fall. July has never been hinted at or promised.

It is DL’s version that is opening in Summer.

I don't see a problem. They have a ton on their plate and they've been pretty honest about the progress they've made so far. GE in particular is a huge undertaking and we're seeing all of the work being done as it's happening. It's a lot and I've been impressed with the progress but they still have a ways to go.

And really, if the only way to get decent occupancy rates and park attendance is to spend so many millions of dollars more than they charge in room rates and admission, and do it again every year, then they might as well shut the place down. Luckily, Disney's load levels remain the envy of the industry, and attendance is quite strong in the context of the industry, as well. These are wonderful investments they're making but don't forget that eventually they'll be built and the intent is for us to enjoy these practically new theme parks for a couple of decades before they have to do this again.

Last edited:

Do it once and do it right. And if I needs to open later than sooner so be it. Just my opinion. I hate when things get half baked. How I have lived my life with everything I have done. It’s better to do it right once and the way u want it vs saving now and wishing later and trying to go back. Always costs more. But easy for me to say cause I’m not chomping at the bullet for it to open like so many here. We r going the Easter after it opens. No fall trip next year.

I really can’t wait for this to open though!

Am I reading way too much into the fact that the most recent YouTube videos by Disney parks blog read "Fall 2019" instead of "Late Fall 2019"?

So on the one hand that probably means we switched our vacation away from what very well might have ended up being opening week to a month later, but on the other hand that probably means we switched our vacation away from what very well might have ended up being opening week to a month later.

Yes things have changed. Think October-November not December.
I hope so. I have a reservation for the 2nd week of December next year, hoping GE will be open by then. Also, hoping Disney will have an early morning or late evening magic event that can be purchased. I know it would be very expensive, but I'd be willing to pay in order to avoid the crowds and madness!

https://www.facebook.com/WaltDisneyWorld/photos/a.470235003273/10157425015253274/?type=3

47578837_10157425015263274_1293278261291253760_o.jpg

Orlando was given an unofficial update that swge wont be opening until late fall, per the orlando paper. Im assuming a hard ticket opening in December rite before xmas following a regular open in 2020

Orlando was given an unofficial update that swge wont be opening until late fall, per the orlando paper. Im assuming a hard ticket opening in December rite before xmas following a regular open in 2020
When was that? It's odd they'd change all their marketing from "late fall" to "fall" without cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter