Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Bob Chapek announced plans for a Star Wars themed resort that will bring immersion to a new level. Each window in the resort will be looking out into space.

SWRHWDW657987643.jpg Image_WDW_Star-Wars-Themed-Resort-3.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-inspired-themed-resort-at-walt-disney-world/

Last summer, we announced plans for an immersive Star Wars-inspired resort to be built at Walt Disney World Resort. Tonight we’re happy to share more details on what this thrilling new resort, which will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, will be like.

This first-of-its-kind resort will combine luxury with complete immersion into an authentic Star Warsstory. Guests’ journey through space will start when everyone departs together for a multiday Stars Wars adventure by boarding a starship alive with characters and stories that unfold all around them during a voyage through the galaxy.

At the resort, guests immediately become active citizens of the galaxy and can dress up in the proper attire. Every resort window will also have a view into space. The opportunity for immersion at this resort will also stand out among all Disney resorts around the globe, as it will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, allowing guests a total Star Wars experience.

Update 5/30/18
Update on the Star Wars Immersive Resort Planned for Walt Disney World Resort

Update 11/17/18

Star Wars Resort Hotel coming to Walt Disney World Resort by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Star Wars Resort Hotel coming to Walt Disney World Resort by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_7018 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...alt-disney-world-resort-open-later-this-year/

Last edited:

i'm not a huge star wars fans but I can imagine how cool this would be for people. I wish universal had something like this with harry potter, I would love to stay at Hogwarts.

I'm hoping this is the kick in the groin to get JK Rowling to finally sign off on this idea. You can feel the shudders from Universal execs with all these WDW announcements. :teeth:

I believe this will be like a land based cruise. You will be (sequestered) in the resort for 2+ nights.

It certainly breaks the immersion if you leave the experience to go to Epcot, for example.

It's location is immaterial, I believe, because I think you are locked in for the (short) duration of your stay.

Len Testa tweeted he had heard $650 A night plus $200 A night per additional person beyond the first. So $2500 Got 2 night's for a family of 4.

So, imagine this being located right by Star Wars land. You board this ship and for 1-2 days you are "traveling" to Galaxy's Edge all the while being immersed in a story. At the end of that time you arrive at Galaxy's Edge and exit the ship directly into the land with a mission to complete the story. This could be so cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!