Star Wars 'Eve

Skywalker

Elementary, My Dear Mickey
Anyone else going to see The Last Jedi or am I the only Star Wars nerd here lol.

We have tickets for the 7:00 show tomorrow evening (Thursday the 14th) and then again on the weekend. In preparation for tomorrow we have dubbed this to be Star Wars Eve and have taken today and tomorrow off work. Today is popcorn and begin a Star Wars movie marathon. Tomorrow we complete the marathon, invite everyone over for pizza and then hit the theatre.

Can't even begin to think about Christmas until after the movie.

That's normal right?

Anyone else excited?

Anyone else going to see The Last Jedi or am I the only Star Wars nerd here lol.

We have tickets for the 7:00 show tomorrow evening (Thursday the 14th) and then again on the weekend. In preparation for tomorrow we have dubbed this to be Star Wars Eve and have taken today and tomorrow off work. Today is popcorn and begin a Star Wars movie marathon. Tomorrow we complete the marathon, invite everyone over for pizza and then hit the theatre.

That's normal right?

Anyone else excited?
Not me, by a long shot, but my DS and his buddies have all had their advance tickets for weeks. Not sure if they’re going to the midnight premier but it wouldn’t surprise me. Enjoy the show! :wave2:

I got my tickets for tomorrow at 7. Tonight some friends will come over and we will watch The Force Awakens. Unfortunately this year we did not have time to do all of the movies (before Ep. VII we did all 6 in one day!), but you know, I've seen them all recently. ;)

Happy Star Wars Eve!

My son works part time in our local movie theater. Many, many tickets for tomorrow have been purchased. The movie will be playing every half hour and just about all the employees will be working tomorrow. They are expecting a huge crowd. My son usually is home by 11:30 pm or so but they already told him it will be after 1am when they get out due to Star Wars.

My husband got tickets for us all on Saturday. Honestly, I'm not looking forward to the movie at all after reading the reviews yesterday. I loved The Force Awakens but hated Rogue One (and swore I'd never watch another Star Wars movie after watching it), but DH doesn't like going to movies alone so I'm doing it for him. :)

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to the movie at all after reading the reviews yesterday.

Really? All the reviews I have seen have been pretty positive. It is also 93% Certified Fresh on the Tomato Meter. The only knock I've seen is that it's a bit long, as in really long (152 minutes). I hear it's epic though.

Really? All the reviews I have seen have been pretty positive. It is also 93% Certified Fresh on the Tomato Meter. The only knock I've seen is that it's a bit long, as in really long (152 minutes). I hear it's epic though.
Most reviews I've seen and/or heard have been between mixed/good and really good.

That's normal right?

Anyone else excited?
You're not the only Star Wars nerd! I bought my tickets last week. We are seeing it Friday evening. And probably 2 more times around Christmas. Hopefully 1 of those will be on an IMAX screen. I CAN'T WAIT!

*** Edited to add ***
With Star Wars movies, I purposely don't read any reviews. And I avoid reading any news articles about the movie, either, until a couple of weeks after I've seen it for myself. In fact, you can usually tell from a preview whether or not the movie will be decent. You don't need a reporter's personal opinion to tell you whether or not you might like it. :-)

We’re going to see it on Boxing Day..just how I wanted to spend our anniversary lol

I’m excited to go see it but only because our theatre has updated all their seats to recliners. Wake me up when it’s over :wave2:

I'll see it eventually, but no particular rush. I grew up right in the wheelhouse of when the original movies were released. So I enjoy them, but I would definitely be classified as a very casual fan. Don't have any memorabilia, shirts, etc...at all, but I did enjoy the movies. However, honestly, I'm a bit hesitant about when Star Wars Land is set to open. I'd be super excited to see it, but not sure I want to be mixed in with the "super fans"...they scare me a bit. It's just a movie. But that's just my own opinion, I feel the same way about comic books and superheroes...though I have zero interest in those.

My son was just now telling me he has his tickets for tomorrow at 7:30pm

I'll see it eventually, but no particular rush. I grew up right in the wheelhouse of when the original movies were released. So I enjoy them, but I would definitely be classified as a very casual fan. Don't have any memorabilia, shirts, etc...at all, but I did enjoy the movies. However, honestly, I'm a bit hesitant about when Star Wars Land is set to open. I'd be super excited to see it, but not sure I want to be mixed in with the "super fans"...they scare me a bit. It's just a movie. But that's just my own opinion, I feel the same way about comic books and superheroes...though I have zero interest in those.

Lol...how are the Star Wars "super fans" any different in their fanatical quirks than the "super fans" of Disney??? :crazy:

The Last Jedi DLC for Battlefront II came out today. I won't be able to play until Friday, though.

But I hear the campaign might have some small The Last Jedi spoilers.

My husband and I are taking Friday off to go see it :) We've had our tickets for weeks now. I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan (we even named our daughter after a Star Wars character) and getting pretty excited for Friday.

We bought our tickets as soon as they went on pre-sale. We're going Friday at noon and we're even taking our DS9 out of school to see it!

We are very excited but won't be going until 12/23. We have our tickets purchased and seats reserved at the IMAX theater. We wanted to wait until the crowds were a little less and until our friends could all go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter