Star Treatment

Grumpy John

DIS Veteran
After reading the 'alleged' back on the booze antics of George Best, is not time we stopped giving these so called has beens the publicity they seem to thrive on. I am sure he only got his transplant because of who he was and a lot of money!
Why in this country do we thrive on news about so called celebrities doing things just to get on the front pages. I bet those people on transplant waiting lists must be really singing his praises this morning!

I'm not speaking from personal experience here, apart from watching my dad trying to stop smoking for years even though it was killing him. But if George Best has an addiction he is not going to find it easy to refrain from drinking, I'm sure he is more aware than anyone of the sacrifices made by one family to allow their loved one's liver to be used for his transplant.

I don't suppose the publicity is helping him either. I'm not condoning what he has done but I don't want to condem either.

Libby

I put Sky News on yesterday morning,and thsinwas their lead story,not 'front page news I would have though:mad:

My first reaction was someone else could have benefited from the liver he has been given and probably not squandered another chance at life.

BUT I know how hard an addiction is,I am overweight and seem unable to do anything about it at present,this doesn't differ really from George Best being unable to stop turning to drink for whatever reason.I guess let him without sin cast the first stone.....:rolleyes:

Well said , Kazzie.

Grumpy John.............George Best may well be a fool to himself and his family but one thing he isn't is a " has-been " who seeks publicity. On the contrary it was publicity that destroyed George Best when he was still in his mid twenties.

I remember Best as THE most naturally talented footballer the UK ever produced by far, he could do things with a football that Beckham & co. couldn't dream of.

What's happened to him over the years is a tragedy. Admittedly he doesn't seem able to help himself, even with the knowledge that alcohol will very probably kill him sooner rather than later......and that is truly tragic.

........as kazzie said.... " Let him who is without sin ....."

mike230652

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter