Stanley Cup Playoffs onboard?

Cerberus9

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if they're playing the Stanley Cup playoffs anywhere onboard? In the lounges? On the giant funnel TV?

I am sure they will be on the tvs in some of the adult lounges. When we were on a Thanksgiving cruise on the Wonder they were playing some of the football games on the Jumbotron so you never know..

I am sure they will be on the tvs in some of the adult lounges. When we were on a Thanksgiving cruise on the Wonder they were playing some of the football games on the Jumbotron so you never know..
Football is an all American sport. Hockey is more closely followed by us Canucks. The lounges may have a game on, though it may not be the Canucks games. The closer to the finals, the greater the liklihood.

I read something about how someone couldn't find the Masters anywhere on board and was told it was because CBS is not a CapCities/Disney company.

Hockey has a contract with Versus and NBC. Disney owns ABC and ESPN.

Can you get NBC on the in-room tvs? If so, I would think games on NBC would be available. But I don't imagine a disney ship would have Versus, given the competition between ESPN and Versus.

Right now they are watching the NBA playoff's...every year I go on DCL around this time...everyone is sitting around on the top deck watching the playoff's/finals.

Right now they are watching the NBA playoff's...every year I go on DCL around this time...everyone is sitting around on the top deck watching the playoff's/finals.

Not surprising -- owned by ESPN and ABC (e.g., Disney).

We were just on the Dream last week. I suggest you go down to the sports bar. They have alot of TVs. Even if the big TV is on an NBA playoff game, I'm sure the bartender would turn one of the small TVs to any other game you want (assuming they have the channel).

I'm going to have to talk to the captain about this. *Not* showing the playoffs when you've got a 24 by 24 foot TV screen should be a crime.

Disney owns ABC. Doesn't show NBC shows. I was on in May 2007 and couldn't find a game

ESPN dumped hockey many years ago. Versus now is the NHL broadcast station so you will not get hockey on any of the Disney ships....

As an Islander fan I never have to worry about playoff hockey so we can cruise during hockey playoff time!

As an Islander fan I never have to worry about playoff hockey so we can cruise during hockey playoff time!
I guess you're not a true die-hard Islander fan with all the confidence of his team.;)

But then again, what do I say about my leafs?:rotfl2:

We were on the dream last week and there was No NHL playoffs. NONE! Plenty of NBA, but only the national broadcast. My guess would be IF there is a national game, you have a shot but based on last week, you maybe out of luck.

Of course I am a die hard Devils fan so it didn't effect me for the first time in 15 years.

Aw man, that stinks...I think I'll keep this info from hubby and hope for some national-run games (darn you, Versus!).

Note-to-self- no more cruises during hockey playoffs. Especially when my team barely got through to the next round...it may all be over by the time we can watch again!

Note-to-self- no more cruises during hockey playoffs. Especially when my team barely got through to the next round...it may all be over by the time we can watch again!
Which team is that? Vancouver or Boston?

Well, NBC only has the NHL contract thru 2021 so there's hope espn will be back in the picture in 10 years. :rolleyes1

Just off the Dream 3 weeks ago. NO NHL in sports bar as only ESPN/ABCon TV. Bartender was from Canada so he was sympathetic. I kept up with my Penguins on my laptop. My wife was upset I had to leave dinner to check the score. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter