Standby line currently not available. Other than the obvious...what is the reasoning behind this?

eric8

Mouseketeer
Just curious as to why it would be unavailable. Is there a reason why? And does it usually open back up later? I'm trying to figure out a game plan when we go later on.

Do you mean for Guardians? Any time a virtual queue is in place it takes the place of the stand by line as you "stand by" virtually.

Just curious as to why it would be unavailable. Is there a reason why? And does it usually open back up later? I'm trying to figure out a game plan when we go later on.
They have done this with the recent attractions when they open. One reason, is that the new rides still go down frequently and the virtual queue is easier to manage crowds and not have you waste time in line when it may not be moving for along time. (think of 8 hour waits at Hagrids when it opened and kept going down).

They have done this with the recent attractions when they open. One reason, is that the new rides still go down frequently and the virtual queue is easier to manage crowds and not have you waste time in line when it may not be moving for along time. (think of 8 hour waits at Hagrids when it opened and kept going down).
Plus, who really wants to stand in an 8 hour line? Or even a 4 hour line. I know personally I'm ecstatic they are doing a VQ instead of stand by.

A lot of people who leave me shaking my head wondering what on earth are they thinking as I walk right on by that line lol
I won't wait in a line like that either. But I do understand we all have different priorities and perspectives. While I personally prefer the virtual queue to a 4-8 hour line, I acknowledge there are drawbacks as well. Such as uncertainty until the day of, requirement to be online and having no connectivity issues at a certain time, etc. Also, while it seems Guardians has reached the point where you can get a virtual queue spot if you want one, things have not always been that way. Not with Guardians initially and not with other attractions like Rise, especially for the first months.

So I think the virtual queue is a good thing in general at the opening of an attractions rather than having 4-8 hour lines. But I also think Disney is sticking with the virtual queues longer than is really beneficial for the guests. Really, if the 7am queue is not disappearing in 10 seconds, and the 1pm queue is taking 90+ minutes to fill, its a good indication we are well past the point where standby lines would be 4-8 hours.

After waiting in the "virtual" line for 5 hours, we had to wait an hour in a "real" line to get on the attraction.

I like the virtual lines and would prefer them all that way, but I know that isn't practical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter