Stalking pays off.....5 days out....switched to "Bay Like Tower" from "Saratoga"

DSLRuser

Age is a state of mind
we booked a last minute trip 3 months ago for a 3 night trip this monday. We needed a 2 bedroom, and all we could get was a 2br at saratoga. food and wine + half marathon weekend were working against us.

I original had a wait list to swap for boardwalk, or beach club, but that expired at the 30 day mark.

Pretty much every day for the last 45 days i have been checking the site at random times. Yesterday @ 5:30 pm, a 2 bedroom popped up for our 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower.

SCORE!

Was able to swap it out very easy on the DVC Member Service site. All this was on my phone while I was waiting to get my hair cut.

We are a group of 4 adults leaving the kids behind. Looking to unwind at food and wine and celebrate a birthday. Everyone is happy about the new resort. So the moral of the story is.....keep looking. Things are constantly opening up.

Yep, I had to swap out 2 nights a couple weeks ago...long story...but a couple options popped up over the week leading up to the stay. It does pay to stalk the RAT. Congrats and have fun!!!

Woohoo! This is why I love the RAT. To me, it outweighs any of the cons that come along with it. No way would one be able to call MS to check availability like one can using the website.

Have an awesome time!

When is your trip? I'm still looking for a 2 bedroom for a few nights first week of Dec.
And I look at least 6 times a day.

RAT is Resort Availability Tool. Just the term for the tool used on the website to search for rooms!

Woohoo! This is why I love the RAT. To me, it outweighs any of the cons that come along with it. No way would one be able to call MS to check availability like one can using the website.

Have an awesome time!

I agree! I LOVE the RAT. I constantly stalk when I need something and no way could I call many times a day/night.

I agree! I LOVE the RAT. I constantly stalk when I need something and no way could I call many times a day/night.
When I was stalking 4th of July member party availability was very nicely informed that I was eligible to call MS three X per day hahahaha. Yes, i did get the party tix I needed, eventually.

OP enjoy your trip!

Ya, fill me in - I've never booked on my phone... I have an iphone... Would I just use Safari? I wish DVC had an app. Tell me DVC has an app. Tell me it's a picture of a rat... tell me.

Ya, fill me in - I've never booked on my phone... I have an iphone... Would I just use Safari? I wish DVC had an app. Tell me DVC has an app. Tell me it's a picture of a rat... tell me.

You have to log in to the DVC member website. There is no app. But, if you want to keep trying, just go in, and try to modify your trip to snag something you might want if it shows up.

Just remember, if you are less than 31 days until the trip, any change to the reservation that uses less points, will put those extra points in holding..which mean they will become restricted to reservations 60 days or less from check in.

Basically, you only want to modify within those 31 days to rooms that take more points, not less!

i have been trying and almost had the 2 bedroom at BCV for an upcoming trip but something is wrong and it won’t let me modify. MS has no idea why. I put in the waitlist anyway, but even this morning, it wouldn’t work, even though the room was There, By the time I called, it showed gone.

ETA: I just called again and guess what..the issue was because my waitlist picked it up when I was modifying! Yeah! Woohoo!

Last edited:
we booked a last minute trip 3 months ago for a 3 night trip this monday. We needed a 2 bedroom, and all we could get was a 2br at saratoga. food and wine + half marathon weekend were working against us.

I original had a wait list to swap for boardwalk, or beach club, but that expired at the 30 day mark.

Pretty much every day for the last 45 days i have been checking the site at random times. Yesterday @ 5:30 pm, a 2 bedroom popped up for our 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower.

SCORE!

Was able to swap it out very easy on the DVC Member Service site. All this was on my phone while I was waiting to get my hair cut.

We are a group of 4 adults leaving the kids behind. Looking to unwind at food and wine and celebrate a birthday. Everyone is happy about the new resort. So the moral of the story is.....keep looking. Things are constantly opening up.
We were just able to book Christmas week one month out! Feeling very lucky!!

This is great! Is the Resort Availability Tool on the Disney website?

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/

I save this site to my phone in my dis/uni section. Makes it to pull up.

No, but the dvc site for mobile is quite functional. Give it a try. The only app Disney has made that’s useful is the DCL navigator app. I don’t hold hopes that they’ll repeat that success. Mobile-friendly website is very good.

Like I said above, I save it to my folder on my phone and it’s just as easy to pull up as an app.

We leave in the morning and no waitlist happiness here. We are in a 2 bedroom lake view at BLT/2 night BCV/1 night SSR. Would have loved whole trip at BLT, but would have been happy with 3 nights at BCV. Nothing at all.

For months I checked at least 6 times a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter