Stalking excitement

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
We are traveling to WDW the week after Thanksgiving. I have changed this trip about a million times. I have had us booked at Bay Lake tower in a studio, in a one bedroom, Beach club, boardwalk. Snagged a 1 bedroom in VGF. Then, DD17 announces she’d like to come on Thanksgiving weekend. I switch everything around. Snag a Bay Lake 1 bedroom for 4 nights starting Thanksgiving. Oops, no she doesn’t want to go.😡

About two weeks ago I was able to grab a one bedroom at Copper Creek.
Still homeless Fri and Sat. Snagged a value AKV studio. Eh. Don’t want to be so far away. Swap that for a boardwalk garden view yesterday that popped up.

Was pretty happy and thought I was done stalking. I happened to be browsing today and there was a VGF resort studio! I quickly snagged it. Now, I am done.

I have what I think is the perfect, most Christmas-y line up.
We arrive the Friday after Thanksgiving and leave the next Sunday.

Fri-Sun - Resort Studio Standard view VGF
Sun-Thur- 1 bedroom Copper Creek
Thur-Sunday Hard Rock Universal

We are planning on seeing as much Christmas stuff outside of Disney Parks that we can. We will do 1 day at Epcot, Disney Christmas Party, Seaworld Christmas celebration, 2 days at Universal plus Orlando informer meet up.
Visit Disney Springs and lots of time at Fort Wilderness. Resort hopping to see decoration for me and arcade hopping for the kids.

Any other must do’s? (Kids 5 and 7)

Anyway.. thanks for letting me share my excitement. Dh and the kids don’t care where we stay and don’t understand the work I put into getting exactly what I want.

I’m currently on the hunt for 5 nights for a last minute trip for 20-25 of august so far no luck other and a day here and there. But I’m not giving up I have until two days before checking in to cancel my Marriott back up reservation. We had plans to volunteer at give kids the world village in the beginning of the summer and had to cancel due to catching covid. My daughter starts her new school later a week and a half later than my other two and she needs 60 hours minimum of community service hours each years and it’s such a great organization that we are going up for a mother daughter trip so she can get a head start on her hours.

Good luck! I hope you can find something.

That is so nice you are volunteering at GKTW. I hope to do that when the kids get a little older. One of the things I had really hoped to see was Night of a million lights but they are no longer doing it. I am sad to miss it but happy it means the village is back to running normally and helping kids get the trip they want.

It's a game to DW and I to try and piece together exactly what we want. It's fun because we won't be super disappointed if it doesn't work out. "I'll be at WDW in a deluxe resort, how bad can it really be?" is our philosophy.

To us WDW is kinda like pizza and *ahem* night time activities 😉..... Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good! :D

I'm currently attempting to add 1 day in the middle of a quick 3 night trip. So far I'm having to change resorts every day.

Every time I think I have found something for that day I get the seven dwarves. I'm gonna keep trying though even if it means a different resort every night.

Good luck with your stalking!

It sounds like you have an amazing plan in place at the two WDW resorts that do Christmas best!

I struck gold this morning with a Standard one bedroom at Aulani during Spring Break. Will it have a great view? No, but we're trying hard not to borrow too many points out of 2024. I was going to settle for a split stay studio/one bedroom in another category but this covers us with no moving and I'm very excited about it.

I have stalked 3 times a day for the past 4 months.... I have only seen 1 room option open up (I don't click SSR or AKV). To jump around that many times you certainly have amazing luck.

Congrats! My family and I had some stalking success too. We planned a semi last minute trip (by DVC standards) during Christmas/New Years and we ended up booking 2 nights Beach Club, 4 nights AKL and 2 nights Saratoga. After some stalking, we were able to grab December 29th-January 1st at Beach Club, thus taking off one night at AKL and dropping Saratoga entirely. It's a little annoying to have to go from BC, to AKL and then back to BC but that week now has little to no availability at any resort so we feel like we struck gold!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter