Stacking genie for clarification

rmclain73

Mouseketeer
Just want to get clarification on stacking. I understand the concept, just a question on eligibility given the below scenario.

At 7:00am book a LL for 3:15pm
At 10:30am (park opens at 8:30am) book LL for 5:05pm
At 12:30pm book LL for 6:15pm
At 2:30pm book LL for 7:05pm

If you enter the park at 3:00pm and at 3:15pm you scan into your first booked LL, can you then book another LL at that time , or do you have to wait until 4:30pm and book 2 hours after your last booked LL?

I believe it's 2 hours after you last booked LL or 2 hours after you tap into your MOST RECENTLY BOOKED LL, which in your scenario would be the one you booked at 2:30 for 7:05. So 4:30 would be your next eligible time to book.
I think thats how it is to, but looking from someone with recent first hand experience.

Your most recent lightening lane must be used to book another. So on your last one book something that has a close return time for when you arrive. So that 2:30 book should have a near 3:15 window. Easiest to do at MK and Epcot

My understanding is that stacking is not so simple. For example, at 7A most LLs will not be at 3:15 so if you want a 3:15 LL time, you will need to wait to book that one. As long as you book the first LL before park open you should be OK.

Next challenge is at 10:30 finding a LL at 5:05. More likely you will need to choose a different time. The same thing for 12:30 and 2:30--you cannot predict what times will be available so getting 6:15 and 7:05 is possible but not something you can plan.

I am not saying it can't be done but it requires luck and careful choosing of which LL to take first, second and third.

My understanding is that stacking is not so simple. For example, at 7A most LLs will not be at 3:15 so if you want a 3:15 LL time, you will need to wait to book that one. As long as you book the first LL before park open you should be OK.

Next challenge is at 10:30 finding a LL at 5:05. More likely you will need to choose a different time. The same thing for 12:30 and 2:30--you cannot predict what times will be available so getting 6:15 and 7:05 is possible but not something you can plan.

I am not saying it can't be done but it requires luck and careful choosing of which LL to take first, second and third.
Yesterday I was playing along at home practicing and making a plan for Hollywood Studios. This is exactly how it played out. I just wasnt sure if I could squeeze in more LLs after scanning into each attraction. After stalking the app for several days I kind of got the hang of what attractions fill up the fastest to allow for something that looks similar to this to work out.

Yesterday I was playing along at home practicing and making a plan for Hollywood Studios. This is exactly how it played out. After stalking the app for several days I kind of got the hang of what attractions fill up the fastest to allow for something that looks similar to this to work out.
Nice. I have been playing along too and have not been so successful. I'll be there next week so I get to try it firsthand so I'll be happy if it works out.

To be able to book another G+, you need to either tap into the most recently booked LL or wait 2 hours after the last booking. The loophole was closed quite some time ago that would allow you to book another G+ after tapping into any booking.

Nice. I have been playing along too and have not been so successful. I'll be there next week so I get to try it firsthand so I'll be happy if it works out.
I found that stacking seems to be best for HS as some of the attractions are already booking in the afternoon starting at 7:00am. You can get 4 booked before even arriving. Then work the touring plans lines app and you should be able to get everything in. Save ROTR for your last ride at park close. Only gamble is if it goes down you are out of luck.

Yesterday I was playing along at home practicing and making a plan for Hollywood Studios. This is exactly how it played out. I just wasnt sure if I could squeeze in more LLs after scanning into each attraction. After stalking the app for several days I kind of got the hang of what attractions fill up the fastest to allow for something that looks similar to this to work out.
I got some luck on a Sunday a few weeks ago and was able to stack Rise of the Resistance (paid), Smugglers Run, Toy Story Mania, Mickey and Minnie's, Star Tours and Tower of Terror for return times between 3:30-6:55.

Note that return times and availability is dependent on a few factors like crowd level and park hours. For example, Mother’s Day weekend, I got 6 LL in MK (park closed at 11pm) and around Memorial Day, I only got 3 LL (park close 9pm- I think)

I think thats how it is to, but looking from someone with recent first hand experience.

I believe it's 2 hours after you last booked LL or 2 hours after you tap into your MOST RECENTLY BOOKED LL, which in your scenario would be the one you booked at 2:30 for 7:05. So 4:30 would be your next eligible time to book.
This is what happened to me when we went in May. The app is very helpful in telling you when your next time opens up.

I found that stacking seems to be best for HS as some of the attractions are already booking in the afternoon starting at 7:00am. You can get 4 booked before even arriving. Then work the touring plans lines app and you should be able to get everything in. Save ROTR for your last ride at park close. Only gamble is if it goes down you are out of luck.

Also keep in mind that there is a grace period of 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after your reservation window, so in your original example you could start at 3:10.

Saving Rise for the end of the night is the best tip you’ll get. Just a few weeks ago, we did it twice and could have done a 3rd ride all in less than an hour and a half.

Worrying about it going down at night seems to be one of those irrational fears conjured up by Lemony Snicket’s Aunt Josephine. Kind of like standing near the refrigerator or touching the door knob.

I would worry more about it not firing up on time in the morning.

This is more complicated than I thought! Is this correct (assuming LL are available for these times)?

At 7:00 AM book LL for 3:15 PM
Next booking is the sooner of: last booked LL + 2 hours (10:30 AM) OR after tap into most recently booked (3:15 PM)
At 10:30 AM book LL for 5:05 PM
Next booking is the sooner of: last booked LL + 2 hours (12:30 PM) OR after tap into most recently booked (5:05 PM)
At 12:30 PM book LL for 6:15 PM
Next booking is the sooner of: last booked LL + 2 hours (2:30 PM) OR after tap into most recently booked (6:15 PM)
At 2:30 PM book LL for 7:05 PM
Next booking is the sooner of: last booked LL + 2 hours (4:30 PM) OR after tap into most recently booked (7:05 PM)

This is more complicated than I thought! Is this correct (assuming LL are available for these times)?

Next booking is the sooner of: last booked LL + 2 hours (10:30 AM) OR after tap into most recently booked (3:15 PM)
Next booking is the sooner of: last booked LL + 2 hours (12:30 PM) OR after tap into most recently booked (5:05 PM)
Next booking is the sooner of: last booked LL + 2 hours (2:30 PM) OR after tap into most recently booked (6:15 PM)
Next booking is the sooner of: last booked LL + 2 hours (4:30 PM) OR after tap into most recently booked (7:05 PM)
That’s a more complicated way to explain it. Basically, if the last G+ you booked is more than 2 hours away, you can book another G+ 2 hours after you booked it. If it’s in less than 2 hours, tap in and book another.

Also keep in mind that there is a grace period of 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after your reservation window, so in your original example you could start at 3:10.

Saving Rise for the end of the night is the best tip you’ll get. Just a few weeks ago, we did it twice and could have done a 3rd ride all in less than an hour and a half.

Worrying about it going down at night seems to be one of those irrational fears conjured up by Lemony Snicket’s Aunt Josephine. Kind of like standing near the refrigerator or touching the door knob.

I would worry more about it not firing up on time in the morning.
June 14th it went down for us at night time while we were in interrogation room. They moved us to the previous hallway and kept us there for hour till ride was back up. Park closed while we were in line and we lost 4 stacked LL. One was a carryover from Remy breaking down at end of night on the 13th while we were next to load. Two were anytime LL from Mania (down during 7pm return time) and Slinky (down for weather immediate after that) It does happen but it’s probably less frequent than being down at start of day.

To your point Rise was also down at park opening same day June 14th.

June 14th it went down for us at night time while we were in interrogation room. They moved us to the previous hallway and kept us there for hour till ride was back up. Park closed while we were in line and we lost 4 stacked LL. One was a carryover from Remy breaking down at end of night on the 13th while we were next to load. Two were anytime LL from Mania (down during 7pm return time) and Slinky (down for weather immediate after that) It does happen but it’s probably less frequent than being down at start of day.

To your point Rise was also down at park opening same day June 14th.

The last time I was in line for a ride that broke down at closing time was over 20 years ago at Universal IOA. The water stopped flowing on Dudley Do Right as we were stepping into the log. They ended up giving us tickets to come back another day.

I doubt Disney would do that.

Last edited:

You could do it this way but you won’t be able to book any further G+ until your last stacked ride

I’d do the following:

Your 2:30 booking should be for a ride during your arrival window. In your example I’d guess that would be around 3:15. That allows you to keep booking G+ during your stacking period as they are available. For a park like HS or AK there won’t be much left worth stacking at 2:30.

That’s a more complicated way to explain it. Basically, if the last G+ you booked is more than 2 hours away, you can book another G+ 2 hours after you booked it. If it’s in less than 2 hours, tap in and book another.
Agree with this. Spend less time worrying about the return time. You get what you get. Focus more on the time your window opens

You could do it this way but you won’t be able to book any further G+ until your last stacked ride

I’d do the following:

Your 2:30 booking should be for a ride during your arrival window. In your example I’d guess that would be around 3:15. That allows you to keep booking G+ during your stacking period as they are available. For a park like HS or AK there won’t be much left worth stacking at 2:30.
This scenario was a strategy for HS only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter