st patricks day

freddythebear

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what goes on on st Patrick's day? I have booked a cheap sun ticket for the following day (a monday) but I'm now wondering if I should try and get one for the Sunday too, however it is much more expensive! Will it be horribly busy?

Freddy

Thanks that is really helpful. We are on quite a budget but it sounds like we might still be able to enjoy things that are going on in the village, as we will be staying on site for two nights and hoping to arrive by lunchtime on the Sunday.

Would we not still be able to see the fireworks from outside? I suppose we wouldn't see them against the beautiful backdrop of the castle.

I am still thinking of getting an extra ticket but maybe for the Tuesday, that way there will be things to do for all of the three days we are there.

Freddy

Ooooh didn't realise our trip coincided with the St. Patricks Day celebration. We arrive on the Sunday so will be there for the fireworks! :thumbsup2 Just hope the rest of our trip is too busy, we book our March trip every year as it's normally quite quiet!

Hi happy panda :goodvibes

Well the schools go back on the 18th so I'm hoping it will be quiet too! What has the weather been like in previous years?

Freddy

For me the highlight of the day will be the fireworks, they're a rare occurence at DLP outside Summer season, the park will be very busy that day though.

I was at DLP for St Patricks Day and the fireworks in 2011 - and having seen Dreams, the fireworks for St Patricks Day over the castle are nowhere near as impressive as Dreams is :goodvibes. Its nice to see them if you have a trip booked anyway, but personally I wouldn't pay for an extra day's park ticket to see them.

we were in DLP on St.Patricks daythis year. wouldn't bother go again. Even avoid it. Nothing much special, crowds everywhere... I admit, I was disappointed. Next year we are going after this day.

:)

Well the schools go back on the 18th so I'm hoping it will be quiet too! What has the weather been like in previous years?

Freddy

We had GORGEOUS weather last year, were out in t-shirts all day, everyday! Don't think we'll be as lucky to have that again this year.. but you never know! :)

I was at DLP for St Patricks Day and the fireworks in 2011 - and having seen Dreams, the fireworks for St Patricks Day over the castle are nowhere near as impressive as Dreams is :goodvibes. Its nice to see them if you have a trip booked anyway, but personally I wouldn't pay for an extra day's park ticket to see them.

Really ? oh that's a shame, our only experience of fireworks at DLP was at the 15th Anniversary press event and they were absolutley superb, in fact no display I've been to since has rivalled them in any way, kind of spoiled UK Bonfire night displays for me. lol.

It's the 1st time we've stayed for the 17th, usually fly home on the 16th sohave seen the start of things being set up but never the event itself, as it's my birthday I intend to enjoy every single minute of the day and evening :)

we are arriving on th 18th, so hopefully all the crawds will be gone by then...

Isila, HappyPanda and freddythebear :wave2: might see you in the magic:goodvibes

we are arriving on th 18th, so hopefully all the crawds will be gone by then...

Isila, HappyPanda and freddythebear :wave2: might see you in the magic:goodvibes

Yes I have just booked the Cheyenne, very excited!

Jill you will have a fantastic day, fireworks on your birthday, imagine!

See you all there then

Freddy

Freddy

Hi, can I ask what schools? I didn't think the English holidays would be until the end of the month with Easter? Is it the French schools?

Hi, can I ask what schools? I didn't think the English holidays would be until the end of the month with Easter? Is it the French schools?

French schools are off across 3 zones from the 16th Feb-18th March with the Paris and region zone off from the 2nd-18th March so it will be busy :)

We arrive on the 16th - staying in Cheyenne!
Must defo do EMH on 17th so if it is that busy!
Starting to get excited!!
So many of us there then!

French schools are off across 3 zones from the 16th Feb-18th March with the Paris and region zone off from the 2nd-18th March so it will be busy :)

Oh bumholes! :crazy2: Bad time for me to pick to book my cheapy sun tickets then. Ah well, we'll make the most of it I'm sure. ;) Thanks for answering Carrie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter