St. John/St. Thomas excursions on our own

mario3

Earning My Ears
We are sailing Feb. 8 to St. Martin & St. Thomas (so excited). We have an 8 month old & a 7 year old. We just want to chill out, walk around and veg on the beach. Is it safe to catch a taxi to the beaches on these islands?

We just walked around at St Maarten, but we caught taxis in St Thomas to the ferry terminal and then took a ferry to St John and taxi to Trunk Bay. Felt completely safe the entire time, it was a marvelous experience and I would go to St John again in a heartbeat. Didn't really care for St Maarten, but never felt unsafe there either.

The boat docks on the Dutch side of St Maarten/Martin. I think the French side is much nicer. Marigot harbor has some places to get crepes, and there are some little boutiques. There is a small island you can take a ferry to and lay on the beach and face St Martin. Grand Case has the most wonderful restaurants ( they may only be open in the evenings) but if you just want a beach day, go to Orient Bay. Last time we were there via boat, we just rented a car and drove ( it is very easy). taxis are very safe. They do speak French but everyone speaks English too. So much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter