St. John Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel

schwenksvillemouse

DIS Veteran
Heading back to the Magic this spring and I'm curious for feedback on the St. John Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel excursion. Anybody have any good or bad feedback? It's a bit expensive, but it looks like a nice trip

Thanks in advance.

We have been looking at that as well. I looked it up on the internet and it appears that it is the same folks that have been doing the excursion just was under a different name ( I can't remember what it was). It was the Adventurer and Adventuress. We were on the Adventuress last October and it was by far the best excursion we have done. Great crew, smooth nice ride over to St John and then almost 2 hours of snorkel. We saw probably 10-12 turtles, numerous fish and rays. Also close to the beach if you wanted that. I think they bumped the price with the champagne in the name, but it was a great trip. We are looking to book it again and really hope it is at least as good as before, because if it is better it is well worth the price.

We have been looking at that as well. I looked it up on the internet and it appears that it is the same folks that have been doing the excursion just was under a different name ( I can't remember what it was). It was the Adventurer and Adventuress. We were on the Adventuress last October and it was by far the best excursion we have done. Great crew, smooth nice ride over to St John and then almost 2 hours of snorkel. We saw probably 10-12 turtles, numerous fish and rays. Also close to the beach if you wanted that. I think they bumped the price with the champagne in the name, but it was a great trip. We are looking to book it again and really hope it is at least as good as before, because if it is better it is well worth the price.

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like a nice excursion, but for the money I want to make sure.

We just got home from the Thanksgiving Eastern Caribbean on the Magic. We did the St. John Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel excursion and LOVED it!!!!!! We were two families with 4 kids ranging in age from 11-13. We were on the Adventurer boat with Colin, Suzanna and Jeff as the crew. After tendering to St. Thomas you have to take a 20+ minute shuttle bus ride to the marina where you then get on the catamaran. The boat ride was amazing and the snorkeling was a blast. We saw lots of cool fish. The only thing I will say is that for some reason I expected there to be more food. We were given fruit, cheese and bread on our sail home which was fine, I just expected it to be more substantial. I would definitely recommend this excursion.

I was thinking about this excursion as well for our May Fantasy Cruise. Any other opinions? Looks like a nice time. Our party will include our kids age 10 and 8 - do you think our age 8 girl would be appropriate for the snorkeling? Both of our kids are pretty good swimmers. Does the crew provide vests/floatation devices? Thanks! :surfweb:

It is the same crew and trip as the old barefoot sail ans snorkel. We went in October and had all the same crew again and had a great time. John told us that they changed the name to atract more "upsacle" crowd, but he said for the non Disney boats it tends to go more toward the booze cruise crowd. For the Disney chartered ones, they do great with the kids and adults alike and yes they do have floatation.

Do you get to see anything of St. John itself, or are you out on the water the whole time?

Is this something that can be booked outside of DCL? We're meeting up with friends that will be in St. Thomas the same day on a different cruise line. Looking for something for 6A and 6 kids (17,15,15,14,14,13)

We just did this excursion and loved it! St John had too big of swells that we went to st James. The crew was awesome. Suzanne told me that they only do cruise excursions.

This was my response on a different thread:
We did the champagne sail & snorkel in St. thomas (snorkeling was on St. john) and, while we had a lot of fun, the snorkeling was not great. I did see a sea turtle, but the coral was dead and there weren't many fish.

We had a blast on the boat and swam to one of the most beautiful beaches on St John, so I still recommend this excursion, just not great snorkeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!