SSR standard studio booked, but worried now about location

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
We've always stayed in the Springs. We've always had a car. This will be the 1st time without a car, and staying standard.

The Springs is familiar to us. We know our walk to the pool and to Artists Palette or Turf Club. Catching the ferry is super easy from the Springs. We know where the bus stop is, even though we've never used it.

Now I'm worried about how far we'll need to walk for dining. How far to the bus stop. And what if it's raining and we have no car. Where's the laundry at? (we've previously been with family members and stayed in larger villas with W/D.)

There are no other options for our trip in Dec. Everything is pretty much booked. Please help ease my fears. What should my location requests be for our studio? What's the best standard location request for being close to dining and a bus stop? Does each building have a laundry?

Thanks so much for your help!

I always book SSR standard and always request the grandstand. It has a quiet pool but the walk to the main building is very easy. I love it. And, there is laundry off of the pool!

Laundries are near the pools. Paddock is just a bit further out from the Springs (right across that small lake). Paddock also has a pretty nice counter service at the pool.

I've stayed at SSR without a car before and truly had no issues. Both times we stayed at The Paddock. Great pool and QS area. Walk was pretty easy. But if you dont want to walk you can always catch a bus going anywhere because The Springs is that stop eg laundry and pool.

I remember last time I stayed I missed a bus so I just walked, at a quickened pace mind you, and just got on when it stopped at The Springs.

We drive to WDW, never used our vehicle to get around SSR or OKW, either walked or used buses. We have used it to go to other resorts to eat, since you would need to get on 2 buses to get to another resort. I would request Grandstand area. We were there September of 2018 and it was a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter