SSR Preferred request

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
So we have a preferred 2BR at SSR next week. It will be our first stay there. DH has been reluctant to stay at SSR, but we booked a last minute trip and were able to get 4 nights there. I received an email asking if I had a request for The Springs or Congress Park. We'd like to have decent bus service and fast wifi.

Which is your favorite place to stay and why?

There's not much difference in bus order:

The Grandstand

The Carousel
The Paddock
Congress Park
The Springs

The Disney Springs bus order is reversed.

The Springs is a bit closer to the main feature pool area, the second feature pool in the Paddock, and the restaurants. I don't know about the wifi in that area but around the main feature pool it seems fine as well as in the Grandstand area.

Congress Park has its own quiet pool and is nearer to the path to DS if you like to walk. I stayed there twice this year and the wifi was abysmal at the pool and just ok in the room.

I tend to prefer Congress Park since it's a bit quieter in terms of less people and pool activity while at the same time being near the lights and sounds from DS.

We like the Congress Park area because it is closest to Disney Springs. It's about a 5 minute walk. I love being able to look out over the lake at Disney Springs.

The bus service for SSR has been hit or miss for us. We've had trips where it has been great. Other trips where it wasn't so great. But then again, we've had this same type of experience at many other WDW resorts. :)

Have a great trip!

Depends on where you want to go from your room. If you will be spending most of the time at Disney Springs then choose Congress Park but realize that if you are in CP bldg 1 then it's a hike to the main entrance and even to the bus stop. On the other hand "Springs" is close to the main entrance which is the restaurants, golf and the main pool and the main bus stop. Another choice is the last bldg in Paddock...it's right next to the Congress Park bus stop and very close to Disney Springs.

We like Congress Park, with a view of Disney Springs. I like the pool there, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter