SSR is a great DVC!

The short walk to Disney Springs from Congress Park is why I love SSR.

You know I was thinking about this recently. We own at BRV and love staying there. But when we visit during F&W festival all we think about is trying to get into a Boardwalk resort. Then it occurred to me: why not just go to SSR and have Disney Springs every night instead?

Haven't done it yet but definitely something we've considered for a future trip.

We really liked it, too but only if preferred view - the prime benefit being access to DS. Although, I really want to try a THV at least once on a "minimal parks" visit. (I think it'd drive me nuts if trying to visit parks every day.)

Wondering if they are going to replace the mattresses here during the refurb. Back is just a little sore today, but nothing major.

We just stayed here a couple week ago. Split stay with poly. First time at both. I like both but Poly was much nicer. I would stay at SSR again but I will wait for the refurb. Should be outstanding.

I’ve always found it funny when people say it slum. The first time we ever stayed at SSR we rented point from my friend and its why we bought DVC. We bought BLT and now we’re looking to do an add on. Looking at prices I said to DH lets add on at SSR, we like the resort, certainly don’t mind “having” to stay there and the proximity to DS is fantastic. I’m finding the more stays we have, we more down time we like to plan and we love heading to DS to eat and walk around. And the prices resale are way better than anything direct. Win win for me!

I love this resort for reasons that some people don't. Some don't like the lack of themeing, but I love having the subtle Mickey's around and not so IN YOUR FACE Disney. The spa is amazing, and over all I love how quiet SSR is. While we have the option to stay somewhere else, I always find myself booking with SSR.

We are really looking forward to staying at SSR soon. From the sounds of it I should plan some time to visit the spa, check out the walking trails, and be glad no one in my party will have to sleep on the pull-out sofa :D

Can I ask (because it seems like some on this thread have stayed there recently)- have they switched to the refillable toiletry dispensers? I'm looking to pack accordingly (I bring my own conditioner if it's the little bottles because what they leave is never enough and I hate bothering mousekeeping just for that). Thanks!

Stayed there a few years ago with a friend using their points . At the time I wasn't an owner and never realized they booked us a preferred room. We loved having the walkway over to DS at night for dinner and thought the resort was great. However, its hard to justify using the extra points for the preferred room now being an owner because I can stay at many other resorts for the same amount of points per night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter