• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR bus transportation to parks

DISFANSHAN

DIS Veteran
DS13 and I are staying at SSR for 3 nights in November. I know this resort is very large with several bus stops. Obviously I have no idea which section I will be in until I get there. I really want to be at the parks a few mins before opening each day. What time do you suggest we be at the bus stop? (FWIW we are doing MK one day, Epcot one day, and HS one day, no extra magic hours.)

Thank you!

General rule of thumb is 45-60 minutes. It doesn't take long for buses to make the rounds at the resort itself. Biggest issue is that you never know how long you may have to wait for a bus to arrive. If you just miss a bus and they are running about every 20 minutes, you may have to wait 20 min before you even set foot on a bus. Then you have to allow a few minutes to hit all of the stops and travel time to the park.

Also if it's your intention to be through the turnstile before opening, add additional time to get through security and the front gate lines.

If you are hoping for rope-drop, I'd say minimum of 60 minutes. If you're willing to roll the dice and risk arriving shortly after opening, 45 minutes should be fine.

IMO, it really depends on what section you are in. In takes the buses about 10-15 min to get through all of the stops before leaving for the parks. Then you have to add in bus timing. I'd say for MK , Epcot and AK get out there about 1 hour before and HS 45 minutes before. Add in time depending which stop you're at. The first stop is Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, then with the Springs being the last stop before the parks.

Great, thank you! It's good to know that it takes 10-15 mins for the bus to make all the stops inside SSR. I will plan to be at the bus stops by 8am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter