SR cruise?

Hedy

<font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind
Is anybody else flip-flopping over the SR cruise. It sounds like it'll be fun, and it's be such a short time I'd need to take off work, but it'd be so expensive-I don't know anyone to go with, so I'd be paying for myself what I'm paying for a week at POFQ in December. I just don't know.
Anyone else?

I was but have finally decided to do the next one. We will be going to Disney the January after and to take my kids out of school for 2 different vacations is TOO much. Then if I just go I feel like a spoiled mommy. Having to find day care for the kids while I am gone to Disney. It is so hard because I so want to go. My husband says the next cruise I can go and take the kids or just daughter, but he will not go with me. A cruise doesn't appeal to him. And he is a CPA and can only go on vacations in January or the summer. Any other time and he isn't even allowed to ask for time off.

Still I sit here and go, hmm can I swing it somehow. Sounds like so much fun.

I want to go but that falls right at the beginning of Q3 next year when we will be getting our numbers and I will be incharge of our audit/review so there is no way. I'm hoping the next one will be at a different time rather than October.

I flip flopped until I found a roommate on the forum. I'm thinking the category 11 rooms sleep 3 right? If you are interested in sharing, I can check with my roomie about adding you to our room. It would make it cheaper for all of us.

I would LOVE :love: to go...but doing anything 'Disney' without my kids (4 & 5) would be unthinkable...and my DS4 has autism and NO sense of danger so just the thought of being on a cruise ship with him scares the &)*% out of me and DH! :eek: So I will sadly not be able to participate. :sad2: But I look forward to hearing trip reports and seeing pictures from our fellow SR's! popcorn::

I flip flopped until I found a roommate on the forum. I'm thinking the category 11 rooms sleep 3 right? If you are interested in sharing, I can check with my roomie about adding you to our room. It would make it cheaper for all of us.

That's definitely an issue for me. Not to sound :snooty: or anything, but there's an element of me that's unwilling to share a cabin with someone I know from the internet.

Oh well, I still have 3 weeks to flipflop, right? :lmao:

That's definitely an issue for me. Not to sound :snooty: or anything, but there's an element of me that's unwilling to share a cabin with someone I know from the internet.

Not at all. I have my own concerns with it. I figure we have a year to learn about each other and the deposit is fully refundable if you change your mind.

Let me know if you flop to the positive and I'll check about adding you to our room.

Gosh...I'd have to say I agree w/several of the above posters....

We are debating taking a 2009 cruise instead of doing the Parks, but that means skipping Disney in 2008 since you have to pay $200/person up front.

You can do 7 nights at the Parks for the same price as a 4-day cruise.

I think this cruise would be a blast, but personally, I think I'd feel terrible "doing Disney" w/o my kids (because I doubt my husband would really care)!

Plus, you have to pay NOW, and that's a real bummer! Is anyone else out there living paycheck to paycheck?

I'm going!! I flip flopped for awhile but decided to make it a mommy-only trip and found a friend to go along. We booked category 11 and both have frequent flyer miles for the flight. I usually treat myself to a girls-only trip once a year anyway, and I didn't think $500 (less if you have 3 people) was that bad -- by the time I paid my share of hotel, sightseeing, gas, meals, etc, I spent that much on a girls' weekend in Chicago! I've just told DH not to buy me anything this year for b'day/Christmas. And yes... paycheck-to-paycheck here, too.

The kids are not thrilled that I'm doing a Disney cruise w/o them, but we're also saving for a late 2009 one as a family and when I reminded them they were ok with it -- they know I have my "mommy trips" just like daddy has his "hunting trips." We also have a "secret" January Disney trip coming up too so I don't feel too badly.

BBangel & Hedy... I know how you feel about staying with people you meet on the internet. When DD8 was about a year old, a group of 13 or so of us met in Washington for a long weekend and we roomed 3-4 together. It was kind of strange at first but we had chatted SO much over the past year and a half once the initial meeting was over we were like old friends. You will have a a great time! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Gosh...I'd have to say I agree w/several of the above posters....

We are debating taking a 2009 cruise instead of doing the Parks, but that means skipping Disney in 2008 since you have to pay $200/person up front.

Dcanoli, one thing I considered was that on this cruise, I will be able to book our 2009 cruise on board and get the rebooking discount and onboard credits. Helps justify the cost a little...

I REALLY want to go, I just don't know...my DH said we could if I really wanted to, but I am just not convinced about a short cruise...we have been looking at the 7 day ones, so I am not sure. Then he brought up just us going...and then he said I could go alone which would be SO nice. But I just feel like a bad mommy leaving my kiddos.

Well, I'll jump in as the roomie of bbangel. I'm fine with it if you wanted to join in on the cruise in our room. I can understand the reluctance to want to room with someone from the 'net. I'm not going to say that I know bbangel all that well but in seeing around here and SR boards enough I can say that she doesn't give me the heebie-jeebies :rotfl: As she said, the deposits are fully refundable so if it anytime someone doesn't feel comforatble we can get a refund (before we cruise.)

Think it over. I would be happy to tell you more about myself (via email or pm) if that would make you feel more comfortable. I think the cruise would be a blast and we would love to have you on board!

Dcanoli, one thing I considered was that on this cruise, I will be able to book our 2009 cruise on board and get the rebooking discount and onboard credits. Helps justify the cost a little...

How much do you save?? We are looking to go on a 7-day on in 2009.

I've been going back and forth too, especially since it is right over dh and my 10th anniversary. I would love to go just the two of us, but I don't know if i could get away without the kids at 6 & 3 ever letting me live it down.

We'll see. Maybe the four of us will go to the "world" for a week instead.

Anne

I think the on-board credit is 10% off future cruises. At least that's what it was when we last went...

Now...I WOULD like to go alone....but I just can't see me bringing that up to my husband! :rotfl:

I would have to ask on the cruise board to be sure, but I *think* when we went in January we could have rebooked at a discount (maybe 10%) and I believe you got $200 in onboard credits as well.

I used to feel bad traveling alone, but now I do nearly every year. DH has his hunting trips and the things I do are for me. We have vacations alone together, and with the kids, and I have to say I have never been happier.

Bring it up to your DH if you would like to go alone... he may just surprise you. Mine was my biggest supporter and actually talked me into my first solo trip!

Here's a quote from the cruise board speaking to onboard rebooking credits...

As above, you can get one on-board credit from Disney (whether DCL, Disney Visa, etc....it's all Disney.) Thus, you would get the 10% + $200 per stateroom for rebooking while onboard. This is always the best deal going. You cannot get the Disney Visa credit in addition to this.

looks like 10% and $200 credit. That's over $900 for the Thanksgiving cruise I want to book -- almost double what the SR cruise is going to cost!!!

I want to go, but the 3 day thing....it's just too short for too much money. Even the Baja RCCL cruise I had planned (but canceled) was going to be a 4 day-er...and even that is too short for me.

I really wanted to go and hang with the Sunshiners...but it just can't happen, not with those prices, not with only a 3 day, and not with that deposit due immediately after we get back from a 17 day vacation (including 7 days at Disneyland). :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter