Spring or Spring Advantage 2017 CP!!!!

eimmi07

Back in the cold state!
Hello everyone the job posting for spring 2017 CP is up and they are taking applications as of today. I already applied for the Spring Advantage program. Has anyone else applied for the program yet? This could be my 3rd possible CP. Although I am using the CP as a backup plan if I am not able to find or be accepted for a PI. As I am writing this I was asked to complete a phone interview! Anyways if anyone has a question about the application process or the CP itself let me know. I have already did two CP's and I was a Campus Rep for the CP. I am starting graduate school in Hospitality management which is why I want to go for the PI (more than the CP).

My 18 year old daughter applied for Spring Advantage as soon as applications dropped, and got put immediately into "submitted" status. She has a few other incoming freshman friends who applied and are in the same boat, but 3 older friends already got their web based interviews and have phone interviews set up. She's kind of worried that she won't get asked to do a WBI or phone interview since she went straight into submitted status. Any advice on what to tell her based on your experience?

My 18 year old daughter applied for Spring Advantage as soon as applications dropped, and got put immediately into "submitted" status. She has a few other incoming freshman friends who applied and are in the same boat, but 3 older friends already got their web based interviews and have phone interviews set up. She's kind of worried that she won't get asked to do a WBI or phone interview since she went straight into submitted status. Any advice on what to tell her based on your experience?
Are the kids just starting their college freshman year? DCP is open to those who have completed one semester.

Are the kids just starting their college freshman year? DCP is open to those who have completed one semester.

Since they will have completed a semester by the time the program starts, it shouldn't be an issue.

The app specifies that students in their first semester can apply, though maybe there is a second level of verification since they wouldn't be able to submit college experience right now

You could be right. I interpreted it differently. The site says...
Requirements for application-
Candidates must be currently enrolled and taking classes at an accredited program or institution and have completed at least one semester OR have graduated within the past six months.
I took that to mean that these are requirements to apply, not for when a program starts.
But, I could very well be wrong.

Hello everyone the job posting for spring 2017 CP is up and they are taking applications as of today. I already applied for the Spring Advantage program. Has anyone else applied for the program yet? This could be my 3rd possible CP. Although I am using the CP as a backup plan if I am not able to find or be accepted for a PI. As I am writing this I was asked to complete a phone interview! Anyways if anyone has a question about the application process or the CP itself let me know. I have already did two CP's and I was a Campus Rep for the CP. I am starting graduate school in Hospitality management which is why I want to go for the PI (more than the CP).

Hi! This is my third time applying and I finally got a phone interview. I'm wondering as to what kinds of questions will be asked. I've been to Disney more times than I can count so I'm definitely knowledgeable about the parks. If you have any tips on how to ace the phone interview I would love to hear them!

(Posting from my moms account, I'm actually 21 not however old it says she is)

Hi! This is my third time applying and I finally got a phone interview. I'm wondering as to what kinds of questions will be asked. I've been to Disney more times than I can count so I'm definitely knowledgeable about the parks. If you have any tips on how to ace the phone interview I would love to hear them!

(Posting from my moms account, I'm actually 21 not however old it says she is)

Hello,

For the phone interview expect anything to be honest. He or she will ask you questions in a wide variety of topics. I remember during my last phone interview with for the CP they asked me a lot of customer service based questions. Also they could ask you if you have lived in a dorm like situation before and if you have how do you handle it. Like cleaning your dorm or apartment and how you live with other people. Keeping your apartment clean is a major thing during the CP since they do apartment inspections. Also they might ask about the roles that have the highest demand and if you are willing to do them. I was asked multiple times if I want to do housekeeping. So be aware of that. But the most important thing is to smile! They can tell if you are or not. Also just be yourself and relax and have fun with it.

This was 5 years ago that I had a phone interview last for the CP so things might of changed so I hope this helps you.

You could be right. I interpreted it differently. The site says...
Requirements for application-
Candidates must be currently enrolled and taking classes at an accredited program or institution and have completed at least one semester OR have graduated within the past six months.
I took that to mean that these are requirements to apply, not for when a program starts.
But, I could very well be wrong.

Under that it says:
  • College freshmen may apply during their first semester of school to participate during their second semester. The Disney College Program cannot serve as your first semester of school.
I would assume at this point that they are enrolled in classes, even if the semester hasn't started, which would qualify them

Under that it says:
  • College freshmen may apply during their first semester of school to participate during their second semester. The Disney College Program cannot serve as your first semester of school.
I would assume at this point that they are enrolled in classes, even if the semester hasn't started, which would qualify them
My question is when do they consider that first semester to start? If it were my dd, she would probably wait until she was actually at school, taking classes. She had friends that applied at this same time, a few years ago, just before they got to college for their freshman year. They all stayed 'in submission' for awhile and then got the dreaded 'thanks for applying' email. None of them got to the WBI! I have no idea why.
So sure, go ahead and apply. Nothing to lose.

The phone interview went through a big change this time last year. It's very business oriented now and they want to know how you are qualified for the roles you chose. It's not all fluffy Disney love anymore. My DD was in tears following her interview because they never asked her why she wanted to do the program. Turns out she had done a great job with examples of work situations she had dealt with and she got her top role choice- children's activities. Be prepared with good stories of your experiences-paid, volunteer, church, school or whatever. Also her prepared for "what would you do if" scenario questions. Throw in Disney love when you can!

Good luck!!!

I know that when my dd did the PI, they asked her how she would react in several different situations. She told me that she wished they gave her more of a scenario because her answers would have varied, depending on the situation. They did ask her why she wanted to join the program. Also asked what she had previously done that she felt qualified her to work at WDW.
Also a few questions about living with others, but nothing in depth. Probably because once she said she had lived with roommates all four years of college as well as her study abroad time, they figured living with others wasn't going to be an issue!!

I applied for Fall 2015 back in Jan of 2015 and they asked a lot of scenario based questions. My caller was about 40-45 minutes late and I had been waiting in my car after work at the supermarket. They ended up calling while I was in the middle of shopping so I quickly went into the bathroom and answered the questions like a weirdo in there. The interviewer was nice and asked me why I wanted to do the program, how I would handle living in a dorms like situation because I commuted my freshman year of college and lots of questions that were on the prep lists. It's always better to give examples about how you handled certain situations in the past if you have. I know I've handled lots of angry customers before so that made me a good candidate for Merch which I got accepted into. I never ended up going because I got a job that made almost twice the amount I would be making at Disney.

My daughter applied for fall 2016 and was immediately put in submitted. It is very rare to get out of submitted and asked to do the WBI. Usually the applicant gets an email right away telling them to take the WBI. You may want to gently remind her that this is an extremely difficult program to get in to and no one knows and no one ever says what DCP is looking for on the applications. My daughter just applied a few minutes ago and again got the "submitted" email, no request for WBI. Honestly, we aren't really holding out much hope. But I'll be sure to post if anything changes. Good luck.

Hope everyone that has applied for the Spring CP is staying positive. I'm excited that this is the first time that I have made it through to the Phone Interview process. I'm senior in college and have been applying since my freshman year. Hard work pays off.

Good luck to everyone hopefully we will all see each other in the coming months! I know im excited and nervous about the phone interview that I have next week.

Good luck to everyone hopefully we will all see each other in the coming months! I know im excited and nervous about the phone interview that I have next week.

Tip: Just relax and try to have a sheet of paper with notes in front of you. I had mine yesterday and it went pretty well.

Hi eimmi07! Hospitality is my top role for Spring Advantage 17, I'm a hospitality major and currently work in a full service hotel. I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about the role and what questions they may have asked during your PI for that role? It's my top choice followed by merchandise, so I'd really love to know more about it because I feel like not many CPs end up doing it. Thank you!!

Hi eimmi07! Hospitality is my top role for Spring Advantage 17, I'm a hospitality major and currently work in a full service hotel. I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about the role and what questions they may have asked during your PI for that role? It's my top choice followed by merchandise, so I'd really love to know more about it because I feel like not many CPs end up doing it. Thank you!!

Are you at WDW or DL? Because the only thing for hospitality at WDW is Bellhop or Cleaning service

I am a WDW hopeful. I have heard varying things that they have or have not removed the front desk role from the ones available to CPs. I have also heard that Bellhop/Concierge will be trained in front desk operations for some of their program. It's still my top choice regardless as it would give me exposure to the resorts.

Well the only thing that is Hospitality related is the Bell services like a previous poster already stated. When I had my CP phone interview this past Thursday they asked me questions about my most recent work experience. Which is in retail; so if I would get accepted for the CP I would be placed in Merchandise more than likely. My advice would be to look at PI's that focus that are in the Hospitality field like event services for example. I applied for a number of PI's that are related for Hospitality. I hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter