"Spring is in the Air" March 2020 W.I.S.H. Challenge

I recently told 15 year old that with the number of cases in our county which is 7 that she is on restriction as well. She is accepting but says she doesn't have to be happy that she is not able to run into a store with DH. 12 year old is just as content and trusting as can be nothing is wrong in her world she has her ipad, her mama, her sissy, her pug, some milk and cheese, and still doesn't even consider going to bed until her Abba is home. DH is still working at least for now as his work is considered an essential business, all the part timers have been laid off and DH says that they send out an alert almost everyday asking for volunteers to go home early. We are hoping that DH can get between 35-40 hours a week right now, he actually took a look at a list that was posted on seniority earlier in the year though some of them have retired and figures that he is around number 20 overall for both day and night crew. So far everyone who has come over from day to night is lower in seniority than him so he has not dropped on his shift. We have a couple of plans in mind if DH would get laid off one of them being that he would try to get on at the grocery supply warehouse and the other one is going over to a grocery store and at least getting some work there.
We are looking at taking a drive some Friday or Saturday just to get us all out of the house and to possibly find a place we can take some pictures of the girls for the grandparents. I can print these at home though we will need to get some larger paper as I don't have any 8.5x11 to trim down and make 8x10 photos. We are also looking at placing a take out order from one of the resturants that DH's company supplies on his next payday to enjoy at home as a special treat. Does anyone else have something special planned for the next few weeks?

I had to delete my classroom Facebook account because a parent posted inappropriate photos.:headache:

I try to do something nice for the kids (not required), and some jerk had to ruin it.

My daughter suggested that I create a YouTube account and post videos of read alouds. Then I can send them a link in email. So that will be the project of the day.

Our governor doesn’t want us to leave the house except to get meds or food. So my days walking on the beach are over for now. I counted my steps from one end of the house to the other, 40 steps. So if I walk it 100 times, I will get 4,000 steps in. I guess that will be my new exercise program.

Last night I dreamed that we went to WDW for our scheduled June trip. When we got off the plane, TSA disinfected us. It was a complicated process and we got separated. I arrived at WDW alone and had to walk to my resort. A lot was closed, so even though I could see my resort, there were multiple road-blocks, and detours. Some people were not practicing social distancing and were all over me. I had to run away from them. Others looked at me like I had the plague. They ran from me. I could clearly see Bay Lake, and the hotel, but I couldn’t get there. Then I woke up.

I had to delete my classroom Facebook account because a parent posted inappropriate photos.:headache:

I try to do something nice for the kids (not required), and some jerk had to ruin it.

My daughter suggested that I create a YouTube account and post videos of read alouds. Then I can send them a link in email. So that will be the project of the day.

Our governor doesn’t want us to leave the house except to get meds or food. So my days walking on the beach are over for now. I counted my steps from one end of the house to the other, 40 steps. So if I walk it 100 times, I will get 4,000 steps in. I guess that will be my new exercise program.

Last night I dreamed that we went to WDW for our scheduled June trip. When we got off the plane, TSA disinfected us. It was a complicated process and we got separated. I arrived at WDW alone and had to walk to my resort. A lot was closed, so even though I could see my resort, there were multiple road-blocks, and detours. Some people were not practicing social distancing and were all over me. I had to run away from them. Others looked at me like I had the plague. They ran from me. I could clearly see Bay Lake, and the hotel, but I couldn’t get there. Then I woke up.
That’s awful! Does your PTA have a Facebook page? My daughter’s school has teachers reading every day through the PTA’s page.

I’m probably crazy, but we just booked another WDW trip in October. We have never done the Halloween party and would like to do that before my grandson gets much older. We’re still hoping to travel in August, but who knows. I just heard the Olympics will be postponed.

Okay, I need to put my sneakers on and get out for a walk-I always feel better after being outside.

I am giving myself today and will start reading and contributing again.

I am feeling sick again since yesterday. Test results in two days. Week ago I had one feeling unwell day, I hope it's the same thing and I woke up with some energy tomorrow. My son is doing PE S&C class in one of the rooms, he is having full day of classes - his teachers are amazing! They got him put his uniform even!

Ugh. So sorry that happened! Our union warned us about doing things live, like zoom. Said that a parent could accuse us of something or a student could do something inappropriate and district could be sued. It’s terrible that those are now real concerns.

We use something called Seesaw. I think you can use it for free. It would just take a bit of work on your end to get everyone signed up. If parents check and followup on their emails, you should be able to get them all signed on through email. Then on Seesaw, you can send messages, videos, activities. And students can post picture of their work/play, complete activities and post that, post videos of themselves doing the work (like counting or saying rhyming words). I’ve been sharing a daily story with a YouTube link (I’ve just been sharing videos that someone else has made because they are more tech savvy than I am and kids can see the pictures better). And a daily acitivity (ex. Go for a walk with your family, count to 100, name as many words as you can that rhyme with dog, etc). We are still in the optional activities stage. I think next week, we will be given more directive in what we need to be doing for online learning.

That’s awful! Does your PTA have a Facebook page? My daughter’s school has teachers reading every day through the PTA’s page.

I’m probably crazy, but we just booked another WDW trip in October. We have never done the Halloween party and would like to do that before my grandson gets much older. We’re still hoping to travel in August, but who knows. I just heard the Olympics will be postponed.

Okay, I need to put my sneakers on and get out for a walk-I always feel better after being outside.
We have a school page that I could use, but it is a whole process. I wanted this to be just for my kids and simple to post. It's fine. I learned my lesson.

I think it is smart to postpone the Olympics.

October sounds awesome. I don't know yet what we will do about June. I would like to keep the trip. Our flights changed, but were not cancelled. Right now, we can take it one day at a time.

I’m just waiting to hear about my April Trip. I’m sure we won’t be going and I’m so bummed, but have to keep that secret because it was a surprise trip for me & my son. So no one knows about it except my husband and sisters family. And honestly, I don’t know when to reschedule it. So I think that’s the hardest part for me. I’ll be okay with not going in April once I know when we will go. I’m also considering October...

We also planned to go to Mexico in July. Our 20th wedding anniversary and the twins 16th birthday are both in July. So we were going to do our first all-inclusive resort trip. And now I’m thinking that might even have to be cancelled If they already postponed the olympics.

But trying to stay focused on the big picture of keeping everyone healthy and safe. My sister (the pediatrician) was just told that they are being given one surgical mask to use day to day due to the shortage. She’s now doing mostly phone visits and having to diagnose ear infections, strep, etc over the phone. But again, it’s for the health and safety of everyone.

I am giving myself today and will start reading and contributing again.

I am feeling sick again since yesterday. Test results in two days. Week ago I had one feeling unwell day, I hope it's the same thing and I woke up with some energy tomorrow. My son is doing PE S&C class in one of the rooms, he is having full day of classes - his teachers are amazing! They got him put his uniform even!
Good to hear from you. I hope you feel better tomorrow! Praying for good test results for you. That’s awesome that your teachers are even getting students in uniforms. I feel like kids (even teens...although they may resist it) still need that routine and structure, especially during times like this.

Yesterday turned in to a good day, I am so grateful to have control over my choices right now.

In the morning I had resigned myself to being inside most of the day, then realized the wind had broken up the cloud cover and there were patches of blue sky. I threw on a jacket and went outside thinking I could at least trim back the large lavender in the back garden... I trimmed it and then sat for a while listening to the birds, then I decided to rake some stuff up, then sat for a while, then decided to trim some more stuff, then sat for a while. All in all I think I was out for 2+hours, and it really helped my mental state. My indoor project was to clear out the freezer, which had a bunch of very old stuff in it, and that also feels very good to have completed.

Our Governor finally made the "stay at home" order late yesterday, he too was frustrated by what he saw over the weekend with people crowding beaches and popular trails. I read somewhere that in Washington State cases are increasing 11% daily, whereas in some states its 50%+ , and I sure do hope that the carelessness over the weekend doesn't increase our %... won't know for a couple weeks.

The plan for today is to start knitting a pair of socks, to strip-mine the bathroom and the top of the dresser, to start chipping away at the craft room and at the very least to get the stuff I clipped and raked yesterday in to the yard waste bin (it was full from what I had done in the front yard, but today is pick up day). And I think I'll finish Untamed today. Oh! A couple days ago I watched Frozen 2 and was totally blown away by how the theme/message mirrors what is in Untamed. What a wonderfully powerful message for this generation of young girls.

Our county is under a safer-at-home order as of 6pm tonight. Only allowing travel to essential businesses. The only non-essential businesses they identified are salons, gyms, tattoo parlors, and the in-dining section of restaurants, so I'm not sure exactly how much good this order is supposed to do. Our reported confirmed numbers are still low, but our state isn't really doing any testing.

Both of my husband's jobs have been deemed essential nationally, but both companies have cut his hours and pay drastically for the duration of this pandemic. I have no idea what we're going to do. We'd already cut our expenses down to the bare minimum and were barely scraping by.

Hi, All. Sorry for the late Tuesday question! - Around the time I would have been on line this morning, I got helping DS set up something for school and completely forgot. It was supposed to be:

What is one way the advice to stay at home has hindered your healthy-lifestyle plans, and one way that it has helped?

My own answer:

Hindered - I feel like I'm sitting more (on the computer or watching TV) instead of being mostly "up and around" in my daily activities.

Helped - Because I'm off work and have more time at home, I haven't missed a day of using the treadmill (for at least a little bit) since the 11th!

Hindered-I miss getting out and about. I do feel like I sit more than I usually do. When I do errands I park far away from my destination and get those extra steps in.

Helped-Doing more meal planning. Going through recipes and keeping on track with WW. I am faithfully getting out for my walks (and walking longer) because I don’t feel as active as usual.

Hi, All. Sorry for the late Tuesday question! - Around the time I would have been on line this morning, I got helping DS set up something for school and completely forgot. It was supposed to be:

What is one way the advice to stay at home has hindered your healthy-lifestyle plans, and one way that it has helped?
I feel like it’s keeping me alive. I have asthma and high blood pressure. I’m afraid of what this virus would do to me.

I’m having a hard time getting my steps in, but walking around my house more will hopefully help that.

[/QUOTE]

I am not able to go to the gym to use the pool though we had started not going when this hit in the early stages. Currently all fitness centers in the state are closed is a bit of a hinderance. I need to actually put on my shoes and either walk in my house where it is clean or do the walk diet video until it gets and stays nice (they are calling for snow again-we don't get snow the entire months of December, January, and February other than a few inches here and there but now that it's the end of March what do we get Snow What is up with that people what in the heck is up with that)

I am not going to fast food places as much but then I also have the fact that the car I can drive is down and it's just over a 2.5 mile walk one way to go to any place from my house so I have to wait until my DH says that we can go and the man is cheap about that. Surprisingly he did agree to us going and getting takeout from one of the resturants that is a customer of the company he works for on his next payday when we are out and about running errands. Also since DH is doing the shopping so that the girls and I are not going into the stores (he is already having to be around others at work we might as well have him go and minimize the risk to the rest of us) he doesn't tend to purchase the extra things that I do as treats to have around such as the chocolate bars I attempt to hide behind stuff in the freezer especially when I tell him that this payday is a major stockup supply trip.

Hindered - my mental health is struggling. I’m a planner and like to be prepared. But this unique scenario is one I can’t really prepare for. And I can’t plan for school because I don’t even know what’s going to be expected of me. And I can’t re-plan my vacations because we don’t know when this will be over. So it seems like all aspects of my life are currently unable to be planned ahead. So that is something that I am really struggling with. I am also stress eating, so I am definitely over snacking. I’m also probably sitting more throughout the day.

Helped - on the other hand, there are times when I can let that go of the stress and live in the moment. That is something I don’t think I do enough because I am constantly planning ahead. And we are also having a lot more fun as a family....having movie nights, game nights, going for bike rides, cooking together, etc. Although I’m sitting more throughout the day, I’m also getting more exercise in with outdoor walks and bike rides in addition to my morning workouts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts