Spring Fantasy newbie cruiser need help understanding stateroom differences

redgrapes2

Earning My Ears
Hi All! Thanks for your patience, never cruised before, trying to understand our options for a spring 2013 cruise. Looks like for a family oceanview stateroom with verandah there are different decks available... 5 through 10? 10 is more expensive, but I don't understand why? Please help me understand why a higher deck costs more?? Thanks in advance!

Hi All! Thanks for your patience, never cruised before, trying to understand our options for a spring 2013 cruise. Looks like for a family oceanview stateroom with verandah there are different decks available... 5 through 10? 10 is more expensive, but I don't understand why? Please help me understand why a higher deck costs more?? Thanks in advance!

In the "good old days" of sailing, the upper decks were reserved for the more affulent people. The lower decks were the working class people. Today's pricing still reflects that.

:cutie:

That can't really be the reason!?!?!?

Except for the possible higher view, Shmoo is correct IMHO. Go figure...
And people pay too. Ironically most try if possible, to aviod the cabins directly below the pool deck. It can lead to unnecessary noise. Why pay more for noise?
:goodvibes

Deck 10 on the Fantasy is directly underneath the pool deck, which could get a bit noisy at time, especially if you want to spend time out on your verandah. You're paying for your view. The higher up you are the more you can see to some extent.

Its nice to be higher up and close to the pool deck but we just stayed on deck 10 and it was way too noisy. Deck 9 would be much better.

It wasn't like that on DCL before the category reclassification happened but yes, that was what I got from the new pricing structure as well.

Yes, it is....the old cache that higher is better. In reality, higher may have some disadvantages in terms or noise and motion (especially those forward and aft cabins...midship far less).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter