Spring crowds 2004

keasden

Mouseketeer
I am thinking of booking a trip to Orlando for next spring (2004), the dates I have in mind are 23rd March to 7th April (16 nights). This means we would be returning home the Wednesday before Good Friday (Easter is a lot later next year).

As I am from the UK I hoping some of you more seasoned Disneyers and US citizens can advise me as to expected crowds in the Disney parks this time of year. The UK schools do not break up for Easter 2004 till 2nd April so I figured the parks might not be too bad for the first week and a half. Can someone advise me as to the US school holiday dates around then.

Also what does the US 'Spring Break' entail that I have heard mentioned so much? and when is it in 2004

We have been to Disney 3 times previously but always between Oct and Dec, I'm guessing the crowds will be much worse in March/April?

Thanks in advance for your help.

US schools don't all break at the same time - some are connected to Easter, some aren't. You will notice more crowds at WDW in the week leading up to Easter (start the weekend before Easter). But before that should be rather manageable.

We were at WDW the week before Easter a few years ago and it was H*LL!, but, it was the year of Disney's 25th Aniversary, so that probably made a crowded week even worse. Since then we've been going the first week in March and find the crowds light to moderate, no problem if you avail yourself of EE. I'll leave it to others to comment, but I understand that from 'our' week on the crowds get heavier up to Easter Weekend. We booked Dolphin last weekend for 2/27 - 3/6 2004.

Bill From PA

We've been the last week of Feb. and 1st week of March and never had problems with the crowds. However our last trip was the first week of April and the crowds were much bigger. Some lines were just not worth the wait. However, that year the first week of April was alot closer to Easter. I'm hoping that with Easter being later this year that the crowds won't be as impossible. The day we were at AK last trip it was so crowded that there was a traffic jam of people on the bridge by Dinoland. No one could move...it was actually a little scary. Worried about people getting trampled...but that was the only time I've ever seen anything like that at Disney, and the CM's had everyone moving and on there way in a relatively short time.

You shouldn't have many problems with Eastrer guests going at that time. Easter in 04' is April 11th. You'll be there at the same time my son and his bride are on their honeymoon.

hi there,

I'm from Scotland and up here our kids easter break starts on the 12th of April.......so hopefully a lot of Brits will be travelling to Orlando then. We're also going to be there from 21st of march till 12th of April and are hoping that as easter is late it may be a liitle less busy...but hey it's all part of the fun!:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter