Spring break - we're not in college anymore Toto - Feb 2018 TR

Just got a chance to read through what you have so far, and I hope you have an excellent trip! It looks like things are shaping up nicely so far!

Well, ADRs are done. We weren't able to get FOP :sad2:, but may have an alternate plan. The cool thing is my niece (who may join us for 1 or more days) has an AP and they were able to link hers so we have FPs for her as well. My brother may join us on Monday and possibly Wednesday, so we'll have to see if guest services can't help us out with making sure he won't be left out. If push comes to shove, I'll let him use my MB since I've ridden all of these at least a few times and I wouldn't mind sitting out for him.

I was debating about posting them because they were part of the contest, but since I don't have tons of readers and I don't want to offend my 3 readers, here we go...

AK - Feb 19th
This is an EMH day and we were unable to get FOP, so hopefully we (being me and DD) can run there from rope drop and then wait for DW to join us.
We have Expedition Everest (all of ours #1 preference)!!!
Navi River
Kilimanjaro safari
The safari is after lunch at Tusker House, so maybe I'll have some extra food for the animals. No, I wouldn't do that, I know lions don't like bananas! Give me a little credit. Sheesh!

MK - Feb 21st
Seven Dwarves mine train
Thunder mountain railroad
Pirates of the Caribbean
(ALL BEFORE LUNCH, so hoping we can snag a couple more in the afternoon)
Turns out we may be able to have a DISmeet with @disneyAndi14 (and family) and/or @MeghanEmily and N on this date. Yay!

HS - Feb 23rd
ToT
RnRC
Star tours
(ALL BEFORE LUNCH, so again...maybe snag some more). This may be the point where I hop over to EPCOT for a few things since these are really the only 3 at HS I care much about, but on the other hand, we may catch a couple of shows as well or do some things standby.

Last edited:
I hope it works out to have a meet, looks like some good plans. We were able to get FoP on 2/21 and 2/23. The ride is amazing so I sure hope you get to experience it. I really love the river ride in Pandora, it does not get much love on here but I think it is worth it.

It is calming and beautiful.

We will keep in touch and hopefully a MK dis meet will work for all of us. I am hoping to meet Emily and N so maybe we can all meet up!

Merry Christmas to all of you. I'm glad ours isn't a white Christmas, but if yours is AND you like snow, I'm happy for you. May you have a blessed time with your family and/or friends.

Well, ADRs are done. We weren't able to get FOP :sad2:, but may have an alternate plan. The cool thing is my niece (who may join us for 1 or more days) has an AP and they were able to link hers so we have FPs for her as well. My brother may join us on Monday and possibly Wednesday, so we'll have to see if guest services can't help us out with making sure he won't be left out. If push comes to shove, I'll let him use my MB since I've ridden all of these at least a few times and I wouldn't mind sitting out for him.

I was debating about posting them because they were part of the contest, but since I don't have tons of readers and I don't want to offend my 3 readers, here we go...

AK - Feb 19th
This is an EMH day and we were unable to get FOP, so hopefully we (being me and DD) can run there from rope drop and then wait for DW to join us.
We have Expedition Everest (all of ours #1 preference)!!!
Navi River
Kilimanjaro safari
The safari is after lunch at Tusker House, so maybe I'll have some extra food for the animals. No, I wouldn't do that, I know lions don't like bananas! Give me a little credit. Sheesh!

MK - Feb 21st
Seven Dwarves mine train
Thunder mountain railroad
Pirates of the Caribbean
(ALL BEFORE LUNCH, so hoping we can snag a couple more in the afternoon)
Turns out we may be able to have a DISmeet with @disneyAndi14 (and family) and/or @MeghanEmily and N on this date. Yay!

HS - Feb 23rd
ToT
RnRC
Star tours
(ALL BEFORE LUNCH, so again...maybe snag some more). This may be the point where I hop over to EPCOT for a few things since these are really the only 3 at HS I care much about, but on the other hand, we may catch a couple of shows as well or do some things standby.

Looks like a good plan, good luck with FOP, its amazing!!

Merry Christmas to all of you. I'm glad ours isn't a white Christmas, but if yours is AND you like snow, I'm happy for you. May you have a blessed time with your family and/or friends.

Now... to play catch up. OY! Sadly, I'm on my way to work but DO have enough time to wish a very Merry Christmas and New Years right back atcha! Time's gonna be scarce again for a spell for me while I travel back to Bowling Green to see my son, his wife and my little grandbaby. One of these days I'll have time to just sit and really read and comment rightly.

we were unable to get FOP, so hopefully we (being me and DD) can run there from rope drop

Word of advice, be there WELL before RD. You NEED to be at the front of the pack and walk as fast as you can, or you WILL have an hour wait. Guaranteed.

How fun!! DISMeets!

This may be the point where I hop over to EPCOT

Good plan. Better park. Way.

Dang. It was out of fastpasses already at the 60-day mark? That's...not good.
Yep. I called at the 60 day mark...I tried to do it myself online, but the association of my reservation was messed up somehow because it would only allow me to go 30 days out, which was Jan 17th instead of Feb 18th when we check in. By the time they opened and I could call them, obviously it'd been booked.
:sad:

Yep. I called at the 60 day mark...I tried to do it myself online, but the association of my reservation was messed up somehow because it would only allow me to go 30 days out, which was Jan 17th instead of Feb 18th when we check in. By the time they opened and I could call them, obviously it'd been booked.
:sad:
There's a technical term for that, if you're interested.

It's: sucks.

There's a technical term for that, if you're interested.

It's: sucks.
Do you mean a technical team to fix the association? I already got the FP over the phone, but I had to wait until they were open, so lost a few hours and that may have been the difference

I noticed you said you didn't get FOP FPs. Just in case this works for you, they just added a bunch of FPs for FOP for February 4th through mid-February. Not sure how late into February they go, but we were able to get them for Feb. 17th. Worth a shot double checking if you're still interested.

I noticed you said you didn't get FOP FPs. Just in case this works for you, they just added a bunch of FPs for FOP for February 4th through mid-February. Not sure how late into February they go, but we were able to get them for Feb. 17th. Worth a shot double checking if you're still interested.
I thought you were coming in after us (we check-in on the 18th).
The only problem I have now is I already have 3 FPs reserved for that park for that day and it won't let me try. I'd have to remove one of the others to do that and I don't want to risk losing one of the others trying to get that one. :sad:
Maybe I'll call them and see if they can work some magic on their end that I can't.

I thought you were coming in after us (we check-in on the 18th).
The only problem I have now is I already have 3 FPs reserved for that park for that day and it won't let me try. I'd have to remove one of the others to do that and I don't want to risk losing one of the others trying to get that one. :sad:
Maybe I'll call them and see if they can work some magic on their end that I can't.

If you go to the FP you would be willing to change and click "modify," it allows you to see what else is available to change it to. If there aren't any FOP FPs, just close out of it, or click "start over" and it will have retained your original FP without getting rid of it. But if you're worried about losing one just in case, I'd understand why you wouldn't want to try on your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!