Spring Break in COVID 2021

Gothemi

Mouseketeer
I'm considering taking our first trip to Aulani in mid March. That is when my daughter is off school for spring break. I just found out that Hawaii school are also out for spring break that same week. We haven't booked anything yet, but we are considering trying to visit easter weekend instead (because we all have time off then as well).

Curious, does Aulani still have limited occupancy? How will the local schools being out impact crowds at Aulani. I expect attendance to increase, but I thought I heard something about the pools and restaurants being for hotel guests only, not outside guests not staying on property.

My wife already got her first dose of the vaccine, I'm supposed to get mine soon, so I'm hopeful we can visit Aulani/Hawaii and experience crowd levels at never before seen levels.

Would also love to know the answer to this question, as we booked a trip a while back without checking the spring break dates! Our trip is 14th to 19th March.

I had read that Aulani is pretty busy at weekends with locals. I'm curious if this is still the case?

Yes, Aulani still has limited occupancy. Pools, beach chairs, and table service restaurants are open to guests only.

It looks like the kamaaina rates are nearly sold out for the week of spring break so I would expect a lot of locals. DVC availability for that week is sparse as well. While the number of guests will be lower than normal, I think the resort will feel busy because of the social distancing measures.

Well we decided to push it back a week to avoid the crowds. Thanks for your input corgi_monster!

Can't wait to experience Aulani for the first time.

I just checked DVC availability for the week of 3/13-3/20 and it’s wide open...

This is why Disney is running a lot of Aulani room deals because traveling to Hawaii in Q1 and probably 2 and 3 are going to be a lot lower than pre 2020 levels

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter