Spring Break Birthday Dinner

anotheryou

Earning My Ears
My friends and I are going to Orlando next week for our college Spring Break, and we are going to the Magic Kingdom on the 8th (my birthday!). We are poor college students so we are not getting park hopper passes, and this limits our dining options.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good restaurant to celebrate that is either in the Magic Kingdom or in one of the Magic Kingdom resorts (alcohol is not a priority, obviously)? We are on very tight budgets so we are looking for somewhere where we can manage $20 or less per person. Preferably it would be a place with a very special atmosphere.

So what place fits the bill? Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks so much!

I honestly don't know of any places you could have a sit down dinner for under $20. Unless you are willing to eat counter service which isn't very special for a birthday dinner.

The closest I could think of was Ohana's at the Polynesian. You could spend the day at MK and then hop the monorail to the Poly. It's an all you can eat Hawaiian style dinner and it costs $25.99 including drinks (coffee, tea, and soda).

Here is a link to the menu: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_oh.htm

I think the price is worth it because you can truly eat as much as you'd like. The atmosphere is very fun, very tropical. I think it'd be a great place to celebrate a birthday :)

And happy early birthday! We actually share the same b-day, mine's on the 8th as well. Hope you can figure out a dinner that works for you!

Breakfast at the Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends - very festive! It is $18.99 plus tax and tip (= $23.07 per person with a 15% tip and 6.5% tax).

Tell them it's your birthday and usually you get confetti and a b-day card signed by the characters.

You can try booking the last breakfast time so it would be more of a brunch and keep you full most of the day.

The other option, would be lunch at the Liberty tree tavern - there's no characters but you could spend less than $20 per person. Tony's Town Square would be an option for lunch as well - sandwiches and salads are around $11-$13.

Whatever you decide, when you make the reservation, let them know it's a birthday meal, while you aren't guaranteed anything special, you never know.

PrincessTrisha, I completely forgot about Tony's! The Plaza right off Main Street would be nice too. I just peeked at the menu and you could easily eat for under $20 there as well :thumbsup2 The location is great and it's a nice little getaway from the hustle and bustle of the park.

Here are menus for both:

Plaza: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_pr.htm

Tony's: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ttl.htm

(The menu for Tony's is the lunch menu, dinner is a little more expensive)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!