Spontaneous Magical Moments - Share your stories of Disney Magic

I've already posted two stories, but I had to add. These stories are exactly why I'm a Disney freak. The simple things that go on at WDW that don't happen anywhere else. It truly is the happiest place on earth.

Ours was on our last park day in September 2011. We had an early ADR at Crystal Palace.

I stopped to take a picture when we entered the park.
MM1.jpg
You can see the cast members conspiring in the background.

Seems the older gentleman was training a new driver for the firetruck while the park was closed; they asked us if we'd like to ride along.
MM2.jpg
I loved the main street vehicles in Disneyland when I was a kid.

They drove us up Main Street, around the hub and back to Crystal Palace.
MM3.jpg

Then they offered DS a chance to try the drivers seat.
MM4.jpg
It's the little things that make Disney magical!

Martin

Wow! I've never been to the Disney World parks (saw Downtown Disney right before my honeymoon cruise and went to Disneyland twice with my grandmother as a child). I'm going with a big family group in December, so I hope to make such unique memories as everyone else!

I can remember a little Disney magic from my cruise though.
The 2nd to last night of the cruise, husband and I were chosen for a little game show that is held in The Tube nightclub. It's like the Newly Wed game, but instead they pick three contestants who have been married across a number of years. We played, received free drinks, answered some silly questions and had a great time. The couple who had been married the longest (an older pair who had been married about 50 years) won the game and received a bottle of champagne and tickets to the spa. Everyone cheered and husband and I went back to our seats to enjoy the music and entertainment. A few minutes later, a CM came up to us with a bottle of champagne and said "the couple who won said they were going to bed now and don't want their bottle. They wanted to know if you two would like to drink it instead." My husband and I agreed to take their gift, had a great time trying to finish the bottle off with our friends, and it now rests on the top of our bookshelf. :)

My picture is huge (hopefully they show up!). We had LOTS of magical moments, but being chosen to open the magic kingdom is hands down my favorite.

1476646_10100198576134202_412392821_n.jpg

Once we were sitting curbside waiting for the start of MSEP or Spectromagic (sniff). A castmember on crowd control duty had the block in front of us and she was quite energetic about engaging the guests in her area, especially the kids, with trivia questions and such.

As the parade approached, the area intro music began ... she immediately broke into a twirling expressive dance that was timed perfectly to the music - and as it came to a transition she swept her hands up high and quickly back down - and the lights went out. When our eyes adjusted she was gone. Quite cool. I'd have put in her name for a magical moment creator if I'd thought to get it before hand!

Man, who is chopping onions in my office... some of these have got me teared up!

We just got back from our Disneymoon on Sunday and had some wonderful magical moments! We received several free desserts (even with the dining plan) and free mimosas at Boma from a very kind waitress. We had a couple of favorite magical moments and one funny one.

1. We went to ride Rock n Roller Coaster and asked to be put in the front. After we finished the ride and were getting ready to get out of the car at the exit, the CM saw our Happily Ever After buttons and said "want to ride again?" He put his through a hallway and back into the front row again for another ride! We were thrilled as we love coasters.

2. We went to Animal Kingdom in the afternoon one day and decided to get our photo in front of the front entrance. The photographer took our picture and then noticed our buttons and asked us to step to the side and wait a minute while she finished pictures with the couple other people in line. When she was done, she said she wanted to do some extra pictures with us and took us over near the waterfall by Rainforest Cafe and one other location! She took the attached photo too, which I just loved! I had no idea you could go to Guest Relations and tell them about great CMs, I wish I had done that but now I can't even remember her name! Thank you wonderful photopass photographer!

3. And a funny one: Our last morning there we ate breakfast at CRT. Princess Jasmine came to our table and was talking with us about getting married and I told her that we had been dating for 8 years before getting married. She told DH he must have been going at "camel speed" instead of "carpet speed." :rotfl2: I was cracking up!

Attachments

• IMG_3085.PNG
    IMG_3085.PNG
    221.5 KB · Views: 18
I have 2

1. On DCL Dream April 2013 it was after the late show and we were mulling around the shops we had just missed the line for Cpn Hook and Smee. My DD 6 at the time was rather upset as she already had her autograph book opened. So like any good Daddy I bribed her with a treat from the store. As we exit the store and start walking away by now there really was no one around a crew only door opened and Hook and Smee jumped out and we got pics and interacted with them Hook tried stealing my wife's jewelry it was really cute....but then all of a sudden out of no where Peter Pan and tinkerbell appear, pan and hook are having a sword fight and my daughter is in the middle belly laughing the whole thing lasted maybe 10-15 minutes but it was something I will never forget.

2. Early morning in AK we have a pre park ADR at Tusker House breakfast as we are walking over the bridge a CM stops my DW and DD to compliment my DD on her bow in her hair (home made to match the outfit and it was Giraffe pattern) My DD loves giraffe's. the Cm and my DD had an amazing conversation and we chalked it up to be nothing more than someone being nice. I was pushing it along cause I wanted my Jungle Juice and Krispy Kreme's LOL. As we walked out of breakfast the same lady was there and asks us "Have you ever been in a Parade?" Well HOLY MOLY we were selected to be in the Jingle Jungle Parade on Minnie's float we got a personal Photopass Photographer while on the float it was awesome.

There have been others
Woke up Tinkerbell in MK
Found Nemo at the BW
But none beat the other 2

BTW I am a bank manager and the picture above of the MK opening is how I see my bank opening every morning. At least that's how I see it in my head.

Once we were sitting curbside waiting for the start of MSEP or Spectromagic (sniff). A castmember on crowd control duty had the block in front of us and she was quite energetic about engaging the guests in her area, especially the kids, with trivia questions and such.

As the parade approached, the area intro music began ... she immediately broke into a twirling expressive dance that was timed perfectly to the music - and as it came to a transition she swept her hands up high and quickly back down - and the lights went out. When our eyes adjusted she was gone. Quite cool. I'd have put in her name for a magical moment creator if I'd thought to get it before hand!
That may be one of the coolest things I have ever heard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter