Spoilers: How much do you want to see before you go?

tlmadden73

DIS Veteran
I am excited, and have seen lots of images from the land, but I am torn on how much I want to see before I go visit it myself. I dont want to watch a ride through video, I dont really want to see walkthroughs, but I do want to know about the land before I go (layout, places to check out, etc.).

How about you?

Personally I don't mind seeing photos and videos ahead of time, it just makes me more excited to see it in person. My husband may feel different as he is a much bigger star wars fan than I am.

I remember watching FoP in Pandora on my television before visiting in person. I knew it would diminish my experience, but did it anyway. When I actually rode FoP, even knowing the visual effects, the ride vehicle exceeded my expectations.

Drawing a similarity to SWGE, I will likely do the same and expect the same results.

I don't watch a ton of ride videos to begin with (I find them disorienting). I do however want to read every reaction possible and pretend I'm there.

I’m actively avoiding things about the savis experience and ride videos for MFSM. I’m watching droid depot videos because I don’t plan on doing that.

Also thing I might avoid “Easter egg” videos because I think I’d enjoy finding those things on my own first

I want to see just enough so that I can get a sense, but don't want to ruin the ride experiences with any ride-through videos. Especially for this new land, I'm most interested in crowds and people movement around it. I'd like to be mentally prepared for that. We don't have a trip planned yet - we originally were going to go in June, and figured crowds would plateau to whatever "normal" will be for the foreseeable future. But kids' plans may mean we have to change that. So I've booked rooms for January, and depending on when RotR opens, I expect that it could be in the midst of the "second surge" so I really will be following the reports closely, particularly once the opening of RotR is announced.

I don’t watch ride videos because they don’t interest me. But I don’t mind reading about or seeing pictures of everything and anything ahead of time, though I can’t really be bothered to actively search things up. Spoilers don’t bother me.

I honestly have no idea when I will get there to see it in person, so I am more open to watching stuff now than I think I would be if I knew I had a trip coming up relatively soon to see it

Still trying to avoid things like the Falcon queue walk through and stuff, but for the most part open to seeing things and enjoying them and commenting about them - and living vicariously though others!

The only thing I will avoid watching is any POV ride videos on YouTube. I think that would ruin it the most for me.

I thought I'd want to see it all... but now that it's out and available, I'm not watching any videos or looking at a bunch of pictures. I want it all to feel fresh when GE at WDW finally opens! I am going to be paying a lot of attention to logistics, though, and how DLR handles crowds. I know it's going to be very different than WDW, but there still may be some good info to be gleaned.

I am excited, and have seen lots of images from the land, but I am torn on how much I want to see before I go visit it myself. I dont want to watch a ride through video, I dont really want to see walkthroughs, but I do want to know about the land before I go (layout, places to check out, etc.).

How about you?

Same. I don't want to see much, I want to take it all in while I am there!

Hard to avoid pictures --- they just show up on facebook feeds (or here).

I guess I want to avoid videos of the experiences - the Falcon POV or queue, the droid and lightsaber factories, etc.

I want to HEAR (probably on these forums) about peoples general experiences with land, especially regarding tips like how the crowds are, must do-s, etc. etc.

October is a REALLY long way away though. A lot of unknowns of how much time things will take (which will determine what I can or cannot do) (especially with small kids in tow).

Last edited:
I’ve seen photos of DL but I wont watch ride videos etc.

I’m only following along now for crowds and procedures and what will happen at WDW. I want to go in “cold.” I did the same thing for FoP.

I’m not watching ride videos but have enjoyed seeing photos and videos of the land itself. We will be at WDW a month after it opens and I imagine we will be seeing a sea of people and not really get to see all the fine details.

I am on the fence about this. We won't be going for a few years so it will be awhile before we go. I started watching a few videos but I stopped....I guess now I sm taking the approach of seeing photos but only watching alittle bit. We will see how long that lasts though.

The more I ponder this question, the more I realize that I don't want anything to be "spoiled" for me yet I want to know how everything is going! @Teleclashter has posted a lot of videos and even an article of his first impressions from his preview day yesterday. And yet I find myself not wanting to watch or read as I don't want to know *too* much. Does this even make sense??? Likewise, when SW:GE opens up at HS, there will be another rush of photos, videos, blog posts and I won't be able to avoid it altogether. Yet I still want the thrill of experiencing it on my own. AAAAHHHH - the agony (that only my fellow Disney freaks here can hopefully appreciate).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter