Splitting stay - will they move luggage?

LoriB

Earning My Ears
We are DVC members. Because of our "not so frugal" use of our points, we may have to split our stay in the near future. If that happens, do they move our luggage for us or are we responsible to get it to the new destination? Thanks.

LoriB :earboy2:

I personally have never changed hotel per a stay at Disney but I have read/heard that you tell them at the guest service where to take your lugguage and then you go to the parks and go back at check in at your next hotel and you bagguage I believe should be at lugguage check. :flower1:

Yes, they will move it for you. Just pack your bags and call them. They will ask for the hotel that you will be checking in to and give you tickets for your bags. They will also promise that your bags will be ready for pickup by 4:00 pm. If you have perishable items, they will be placed in cold storage as well. Then, just go out and enjoy your day.

Have fun!

I'll never let them do this for me again. They lost my luggage, had NO IDEA what resort it might have been delivered to, and no idea when they might find it for me.

Someone else recently posted with a similar story.

Nope, I'll move it myself, even if it means a $15 cab ride. It's worth the peace of mind IMHO.

Anne

We have had Disney move our luggage a couple of times. It is really easy.

We only ever had one bad experience & that was on our honeymoon. During the moving of the stuff, some of our things got crushed & ruined.

What Disney could replace they did (bride & groom ears, a picture frame). There was one or two things that could not be replaced. For that they were so apologetic. They comped our room stay for 2 nights & gave us free dinners in the resort resturant for our entire stay there.

I would let them move our luggage if we ever switch hotels again.

I've moved from DVC to non-DVC for the weekend (another "frugal" member). Not only did they move my luggage, but I had refrigerated food that they put in the refrigerator-FW cabins for me. And several times, I've moved from non-DVC to DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter