Splitting check between dining credits and cash?

sweeteypie1118

DIS Veteran
I am traveling with my 12 year old son next week. I've tried to make reservations at restaurants that will appeal to both of us. I would like to try the Yachtsman, but know he will probably want something from the kids menu which I am not paying 2 credits for! Do you think they would give me a problem for paying for my meal with the DDP, and paying for his meal in cash?

Does anyone have experience at other restaurants with splitting the bill between dining credits and cash? We're eating at the sci fi one day and I would like to pay for my meal in cash and save the credit for the yachtsman and pay for his meal with a dining credit.

This was never a problem for us. I told them in advance so they knew how to put it in the computer. They have to be able to do this since you could be dining with anyone not on the plan and you could not use credits for them.

Thanks. That makes sense! I just don't want to have any problems at the Yachtsman and waste the credits on my sons meal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!