Splitting Adult Quick Service Meals (Extra plates & Utensils?)

MrVargas

Earning My Ears
In order to maximize my Dining Plan (I have the regular) for my family of 4, I was thinking about Splitting 2 adult Quick Service meals among our family of 4 at breakfast and lunch. I have a few questions about this.

1. I've read on here that quick service credits can be used entirely on Adult meals. I just want to confirm this and also is this something that is frowned upon or do most cast members not care.
2. Are extra plates & utensils readily available at most locations?

Unless you are eating at BOG, using a credit for breakfast isn’t generally the best bang for your buck because the breakfast entrees aren’t very expensive. You’d be better off bringing something smallish like breakfast bars or Pop Tarts to eat in the room and then have a bigger lunch when everyone is really hungry.

QS credits aren't differentiated between adult/child. It's all pooled. If you want to get alcoholic beverages with each credit though, you'll have to have an adult present for each credit you use, or you'll have to make multiple orders (order once, get your food, sit, then go back and make another round of orders).

My adult DD and I did this for years. I would get the Bounty Platter for us to share with a large OJ and use my resort mug for coffee. Then we’d split another QS for lunch and have our own TS dinners. We weren’t trying to “maximize” the DDP. Our goal was not to be hungry or stuffed and not to spend any money over and above the plan. This accomplished all of it.

I suggest going to BOG for breakfast, making a reservation, don't do the mobile ordering, but order in person and separate the two orders. Then you'll get two sets of pastries. :)

At least for one meal :D

or you'll have to make multiple orders (order once, get your food, sit, then go back and make another round of orders).
Do you mean each adult order and pay separately? Because it seems if you get your food, sit, and go back for another round of orders - you'd have to pay cash/credit, since the drinks are being ordered as not part of the meal order.

Do you mean each adult order and pay separately? Because it seems if you get your food, sit, and go back for another round of orders - you'd have to pay cash/credit, since the drinks are being ordered as not part of the meal order.

I mean use 1 credit per adult. I'm not talking about ordering the drinks separately, but ordering them as part of the meal credit. For instance, if you have 2 adults & 2 kids go up to the counter at the same time, and you want to use 4 QS credits to purchase 4 adult meals, only 2 of the credits would be allowed to have alcoholic drinks (because there are only 2 adults present - I've had servers refuse even my second drink when it was only me picking up the order and had to wave my DH to come over to grab the second drink). In order for all 4 meals to have an alcoholic drink, you'd have to purchase 2 meals first, then go back and purchase the other 2 separately (preferably from a different line/cast member).

In order to maximize my Dining Plan (I have the regular) for my family of 4, I was thinking about Splitting 2 adult Quick Service meals among our family of 4 at breakfast and lunch. I have a few questions about this.

1. I've read on here that quick service credits can be used entirely on Adult meals. I just want to confirm this and also is this something that is frowned upon or do most cast members not care.
Before we switched to club lounge rooms I used to buy light breakfasts from the resort's food court using snack credits. Easy to make a Continental breakfast there using 3-4 credits for up to 4 people ( 2 adults, 2 children). Must have meat with breakfast? Bring a hard salami with you such as sopresseta; served frequently at the club lounges;). We used the DDxDP and this strategy allowed us to eat at signature restaurants for dinner, our main meal of the day; might work for the DDP as well. Also left us with enough TS credits to order room service a few times which was a total boon on departure day whether I'd packed the night before or not.

I totally agree with @DisneyHardin. Breakfast is not a Value added use of credits. We bring breakfast things and eat in the room while getting ready. You could supplement with something picked up with a snack Credit. We use our QS credits for a great lunch each.

We do this 1-2 days every trip and it allows for a big QS lunch/breakfast on arrival/departure day.

If we have a dinner planned where I know we will all be stuffed, we split half our QS meals into breakfast and lunch. It’s always more than enough. We have 7 people, kids aged teen through three. So I’ll buy three QS breakfasts and 4 lunches and divide it all up. Getting extra plates is never an issue.

The other days we use snack credits for muffins and/or eat bagels from home in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter