Splitting a 7 day ticket on to a card and a magic band

Herding_Cats

DIS Veteran
OK. My family, and all of my husband's family are headed to WDW for the week of Christmas. My family is then staying for a 2nd week (1st-5th of January) at AoA. This means we will be recieving magic bands. However, we are planning on surprising our kids with the AoA stay (they know we are staying a 2nd week but think we are renting a house offsite) AND we don't want our 3 kids to have bands while their 10 cousins do NOT. I already know about when I can make which fastpasses and how many days out because we are not onsite the entire time.

How do I obtain cards to use instead of the bands for our park days BEFORE we stay at AoA? Go to guest services in DS? Will we recieve both cards AND bands from Disney prior to leaving on our trip?

I am not trying to have multiple people use the same ticket. I know you can't do that. I just need to have card tickets for the first 4 days, and then use the magic bands for the remaining 3 days.

Nothing is kept on a MB or card, it just serves as a link to your MDE (where everything is stored). You can ask for cards from guest services and they can link them to whatever MDE you want. Then the cards will be interchangeable with your bands.

Yes, just ask at a Guest Services location or ticket window. It shouldn't really be a problem.

This ^^

The park ticket (card) and MB are interchangeable, I don't always wear my MB and just use my pass for entrance and FP+ instead.

If there are several kids you may want to get them lanyards with plastic pouches for the tickets (cards) this way they are handy for fp+ / less fumbling through multiple tickets.

Last edited:

If there are several kids you may want to get them lanyards with plastic pouches for the tickets (cards) this way they are handy for fp+ / less fumbling through multiple tickets.

YES! We have already puchased these. Last time we went we also put "My name is ___ If I am lost please call _____" cards in the pouches too.

I honestly loved having my Magic Band and would never give it up! So much easier to just put out your wrist rather than futz with tickets. Have you considered having Santa or Tinkerbell deliver MBs to everyone? Even if you get the simple colors you can decorate with stickers (check etsy) to make each one their favorite character.

I honestly loved having my Magic Band and would never give it up! So much easier to just put out your wrist rather than futz with tickets. Have you considered having Santa or Tinkerbell deliver MBs to everyone? Even if you get the simple colors you can decorate with stickers (check etsy) to make each one their favorite character.

I was thinking of suggesting that as well :) My picture is my daughters and their cousins on the first MB trip, they loved having them. Every morning they did this "Magic Bands In" on the way to the parks.

Of course I don't have 10 to buy for but the basic band is around $12.00 +/_.

I already know about when I can make which fastpasses and how many days out because we are not onsite the entire time.
You are aware that when your 60-day booking window opens for AoA, you’ll be able to book for all the offsite park days - for your complete group if they are linked to you in MDE.

I was thinking of suggesting that as well :) My picture is my daughters and their cousins on the first MB trip, they loved having them. Every morning they did this "Magic Bands In" on the way to the parks.

Of course I don't have 10 to buy for but the basic band is around $12.00 +/_.
OMG-that photo is so cute! I loved Captain Planet and it reminds me of that!

You are aware that when your 60-day booking window opens for AoA, you’ll be able to book for all the offsite park days - for your complete group if they are linked to you in MDE.

REALLY? I have been told over and over (and see conflicting reports on here) about whether or not that would be possible. I was assuming that it would NOT because our large-group (staying offsite) days were before our AoA stay. This can potentially make things significantly better for the rest of the group, though I'm not sure they are ready to have a plan in place 2 months in advance. So wil it be 60 days from our first planned park day, or 60 days from our AoA stay, in which case I would be making the reservations for more like 53 days from our actual first park day?

REALLY? I have been told over and over (and see conflicting reports on here) about whether or not that would be possible. I was assuming that it would NOT because our large-group (staying offsite) days were before our AoA stay. This can potentially make things significantly better for the rest of the group, though I'm not sure they are ready to have a plan in place 2 months in advance. So wil it be 60 days from our first planned park day, or 60 days from our AoA stay, in which case I would be making the reservations for more like 53 days from our actual first park day?

Yes. Once a 60 day window opens it opens everyday through 60 + length of stay. You’ll just need to umbrella in the off site guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter