Splitsville Chiefs vs. Colts Game

jlovesee

DIS Veteran
I made a reservation tomorrow at Splitsville for 4:30 tomorrow, because when I did a search it was mentioned as a good place to watch a football game. Since its a playoff game I am assuming it will be on, but will we be able to eat and watch the game? HOping that my Chiefs will FINALLY win a playoff game (I was at Arrowhead for not the most recent loss to the colts but the one before it), but I am not holding out hope.

Jennifer

I made a reservation tomorrow at Splitsville for 4:30 tomorrow, because when I did a search it was mentioned as a good place to watch a football game. Since its a playoff game I am assuming it will be on, but will we be able to eat and watch the game? HOping that my Chiefs will FINALLY win a playoff game (I was at Arrowhead for not the most recent loss to the colts but the one before it), but I am not holding out hope.

Jennifer
And what a heartbreaking loss that was!

They "should" be able to seat you where you can see a TV.:)

We always just sit at the outside bar and watch our game there-great fun to watch the game and people-watch at the same time!(Try the Salmon!).:)

I am a big sports fan, heart breaking loss for the Bears last weekend, but there is no way I would take time out of WDW to watch a playoff game. I just could not justify it. But I know to each their own....but for me I would never do that!!

One of our favorite memories at WDW is taking time to visit the ESPN bar to watch our NFL team play the Dolphins in a key game. It came down to a last-second field goal from a challenging distance and our team ended up making it. The other fans at the bar were mostly Dolphin fans, but the camaraderie and friendly discussions about the close game were so much fun. The great thing about vacations is that we get to choose what's important to us and make our own memories.

there is no way I would take time out of WDW to watch a playoff game. I just could not justify it.
I think it depends on how much a Guest goes to WDW and how big of a Fan of their team they are-we average around 40 nights a year at WDW so we don't feel like we are "missing" anything to take a few hours here and there to watch a game.:)

Also,when we watch a game,we still have the "WDW feel" as we always watch on property(ESPN Club/Splitsville/Resort Bar).:)

I bet you are glad to be at WDW!:)

I hate to see all the snow have an impact on the game!
It sure doesn't seem to want to let up! I just told my kids I bet they could get a deal on some tickets long about now!

I have to share this as a big sports fan and a long time suffering Cleveland sports fan. In 2016 I was in WDW and staying at the VGF when the Cleveland Cavaliers were playing the Golden State Warriors for the NBA championship. The Cavs were down 3-1 in the series. While walking from the resort to the mono-rail I saw a GS fan wearing his team proudly (as he should), and I was wearing my Cavs shirt proudly. As I walked past him I tried to be polite and told him, "should be a good game tonight." His response was a rather nasty, "Yea Right, not a chance pal."

Well most know how that series turned out. For game 7 I was not going to miss it for the world. I ended up watching the game at the Grand Floridian in Mizner's Lounge. Who else was there? You got it, the guy I saw a few days earlier. When the buzzer sounded, the Cavs won it, I turned to my nephew and I swear I told him, "Did we win." "What do we do were Cleveland fans." LOL It took a few seconds before it sank in and we celebrated with the loudest shout you could ever hear, and I'll admit some tears as well. The Warriors fan, well he came over and offered to buy us a round of drinks on him. I don't drink so it was a Diet Coke for me.

Congrats to the OP, your Chiefs won it!

I have to share this as a big sports fan and a long time suffering Cleveland sports fan. In 2016 I was in WDW and staying at the VGF when the Cleveland Cavaliers were playing the Golden State Warriors for the NBA championship. The Cavs were down 3-1 in the series. While walking from the resort to the mono-rail I saw a GS fan wearing his team proudly (as he should), and I was wearing my Cavs shirt proudly. As I walked past him I tried to be polite and told him, "should be a good game tonight." His response was a rather nasty, "Yea Right, not a chance pal."

Well most know how that series turned out. For game 7 I was not going to miss it for the world. I ended up watching the game at the Grand Floridian in Mizner's Lounge. Who else was there? You got it, the guy I saw a few days earlier. When the buzzer sounded, the Cavs won it, I turned to my nephew and I swear I told him, "Did we win." "What do we do were Cleveland fans." LOL It took a few seconds before it sank in and we celebrated with the loudest shout you could ever hear, and I'll admit some tears as well. The Warriors fan, well he came over and offered to buy us a round of drinks on him. I don't drink so it was a Diet Coke for me.

Congrats to the OP, your Chiefs won it!
We were watching the game in downtown Cleveland and it still brings tears to my eyes. Hope it’s the Browns in the playoffs next time you have to catch a game at Disney :)

OP did you wind up at Splitsville? If so how was it for games? Mahomes is unreal.

Last edited:
Awesome for the game! Too bad we lost the next week, that was a heartbreaker.... We actually live in Orlando but were at Disney for Marathon Weekend. We are ORIGINALLY from Kansas City but moved down three years ago.

Jennifer

We were watching the game in downtown Cleveland and it still brings tears to my eyes. Hope it’s the Browns in the playoffs next time you have to catch a game at Disney :)

OP did you wind up at Splitsville? If so how was it for games? Mahomes is unreal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter