Split-Stays & Package Deals?

polysara

Earning My Ears
We're contemplating a split stay...BC and Contemp with 4 days at each for the end June 2011. We're worried that by doing a split stay we might not be eligible for some package deals (free dining, 7 nights for price of 4 etc...) that might later be offered. Is this a legitimate worry? Any advice?

We're contemplating a split stay...BC and Contemp with 4 days at each for the end June 2011. We're worried that by doing a split stay we might not be eligible for some package deals (free dining, 7 nights for price of 4 etc...) that might later be offered. Is this a legitimate worry? Any advice?

It is an absolutely legitimate worry. If you want a package deal on a split stay, each separate hotel must be booked as a package with tix, dining plan, etc. Buy 4 get three free is not even an option if only staying 4 days at each resort.

It is a legitimate concern, and it really depends what deals, if any, they wind up running. DBF and I planned 7 nights at WL. Then Disney came out with FD, so we added that. But I really wanted to try an Epcot resort. So when 40% room discount came out, we shortened WL to 5 nights (we got our park tickets for all 8 days on that package) - and then go to YC on the room-only discount for last 2 nights. FD is good til end of day we check out of WL, and what we are saving on the room will cover food, along with some Disney Rewards dollars. Don't know your chances of getting a deal such as FD or buy 4 get 3 free since you are going at one of more popular times of year and they already announced FD for other times of 2011 - I would book what you want and if discount is announced enough before your trip, try to adjust accordingly. How many people/ages? (If you have kids and decide to pick one resort, I'd go with Contemp b/c of monorail).

We did a split stay with 5 at CSR and 3 at ASMo with 7 day park hopper tickets and dining plan. We went in May and the only discount offered for our trip was "Free park hopper upgrade with water parks and more". The fact that we did a split stay didn't affect our discount since we bought the tickets as part of our package.The second half of the trip was "room only" rack rate. Since the tickets were good for I think 2 weeks after first use, it didn't matter that we were splitting. So that's one discount that wouldn't be a problem with that type of stay.

So keep in mind, if you do a package ressie and then a room only one, the tickets from the package can be for longer than your package days. You would just need to stay at the hotel with the package first, obviously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter