Split stay

Michigan_tinkerbell

Mouseketeer
Hello;
We might be coming down in May. We have a Alaskan cruise planned and if that cancels I have talked my mom and sister into Disney and UA. We are going to do 5 days at UA and then 5 days at Disney. we will need to rent a scooter for my mom. What is the best way to do this having the slip trip like we do?

Thanks so much for your help, have a great Magical day and Please stay safe.

It will be difficult to transport a rental scooter between Universal and WDW. I suggest two rentals, one for each location, and transfer yourselves and your luggage by Uber or rental car.

It will be difficult to transport a rental scooter between Universal and WDW. I suggest two rentals, one for each location, and transfer yourselves and your luggage by Uber or rental car.

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing. Can you get a scooter delivered to UA like you can Disney? If so is it only approved people?

Price out your options. The extra days of a scooter are cheaper the longer you rent it once you pass a certain minimum.

Renting one scooter for the entire time and using an accessible taxi to transfer the scooter&rider (and perhaps one of the other of you) and an uber or taxi or rental to transfer the rest of you and luggage may be cheaper than two scooter rentals and a single vehicle to transfer.

e.g. 11 days of a Gold Mobility Pride Victory 10 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter Rental is $220 versus two 5 or 6 days rentals @ $180 each [plus taxes]. So 220 vs 360.

Using Rideguru, a taxi between Wilderness Lodge and Cabana Bay is about $50. Uber XL is $32. A private car service like Quicksilver does a one way van transfer from WDW to Universal for about $60 [you could inquire to see if they could handle an ECV, which might solve the issue all in one].

SW

Or if you're driving and if you rent a GoGo 3 wheel scooter (I know, 2"ifs"), the scooter will break down into 4 or 5 pieces very easily and fit in the trunk of the car Mine fits in the trunk of a Toyota Camry all the time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter