Split stay?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by mimomlile, Sep 15, 2018.

1. mimomlile

mimomlile Mouseketeer

WDW veteran, first time to DLR. My DS, 13, and I planned on extending our VidCon trip 2019 to include DL. Originally thinking it would be third week of June, as in the past. Booked Desert Palms for the entire stay (free cancellation) because it was moderately priced and was equidistant from both DLR and Anaheim CC. DS would have loved to stay at the Marriott, where the panelists would be, but it was >$900/nt for that wk. Fast forward to finding out Vidcon is mid-July...flights more expensive, Desert Palms >$2.8K for our length of stay. Got me thinking...no plans for rest of DVC points for 2019. Looked up Marriott, $3k for CL for partial stay. Can use my pts +$102 for PP. I know, not the best use of points, but would allow us to have early entry, which may end up being a big deal since GE should definitely be open when June was questionable. So not much more cash, for what I think will be a more immersive experience on both ends of the trip. Am I crazy? Just my son and I, so a split stay can be a pain with out hubby to help, but I think I can just tip and get BS to help... Thoughts?

2. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

What’s CL? Why is everything so expensive? How many nights? I’d do the split stay for $100 more. You will need early entry.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. azdisneylover

azdisneylover DIS Veteran

I would do the split stay too! With GE just being open, being on site won't hurt. Plus, DGH is awesome, and the best hotel to be in when you ride Grizzly Rapids repeatedly at night. A few dozen squishy steps away from your room! Have fun planning.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  5. mimomlile

mimomlile Mouseketeer

Concierge level. Hotel is basically booked, except for concierge.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  6. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

How much extra is that? What does it include? Will you really use it?

7. deedubb

deedubb Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!

Why not use your points for VGC? No availability?