Split Stay

nonsmom

Mouseketeer
I called Disney reservations this morning. I was looking to do a split stay between a value 3 nights and 4 nights in a deluxe. The cast member wasn't really familiar with booking this and told me that I needed to book two separate reservations with two sets of tickets, and that I would have to transfer my own luggage on the bus. I know in the past I have read that other people have done the split stay, can someone please fill me in on how this is done? Thank you.

You do have to make to different reservations, one at each resort. Ticket wise unless you are doing the DDP, I think you can get your pass (8day) with the first reservation and just get a room only on the second.

I hope this is right, because that is what I plan to do in February - 4nts at CBR, 3nts at AKL Club Level.

If you are doing the dining plan it needs to be a package so you will need to buy at least a single day ticket with the second reservation.

I am sure some others will clarify if I am right or wrong

Sorry, forgot about the luggage. The hotel will transfer your luggage to the second resort.

I called Disney reservations this morning. I was looking to do a split stay between a value 3 nights and 4 nights in a deluxe. The cast member wasn't really familiar with booking this and told me that I needed to book two separate reservations with two sets of tickets, and that I would have to transfer my own luggage on the bus. I know in the past I have read that other people have done the split stay, can someone please fill me in on how this is done? Thank you.

The CM is correct in that you will need 2 separate ressies.....1 for each resort. As far as tickets......if you are getting the dining plan, you would need a minimum of a 1 day park ticket per person in order to get the DDP (for each resort). If you are not getting the DDP, then it would be best to book your park tickets with the first resort and do room only for the other one....that way you will get your park tickets upon the first check-in and will be able to use those tickets until the end of your trip since they don't expire until 14 days after the first use (unless the No Expire option is purchased). As far as your luggage.....we've never done a transfer as we've never done a split stay.....but I do know that Disney will transfer your luggage for you :thumbsup2. As a matter of fact.....I don't believe they allow luggage to be brought on the bus :sad2:. Hopefully someone with experience on that will come along with more info on how to do that :goodvibes. HTH :flower3:.

You DO NOT need to transfer your own luggage on the bus! I have done many split stays and the resort will transfer your luggage for you. When you check out, just call bell services. They will come get your bags and you tell them you need them transferred to whatever resort you are going to and that's it. They will give you a receipt for your bags and ask that you give them till about 4pm to deliver them. When at the next resort you do have to call bell services to get them to bring your bags to your room. If you want your things right away you can always take a cab to your next resort. They are usually at the entrance to most resorts, or bell services will call one for you.

I am a DVC'er so most of my split stays have to be separate transactions(one on points, one paying cash) also, we have AP's. I do believe you do need 2 separate reservations because it is 2 different resorts. You could buy your own tickets for however many days you need them without having anything to do with your room. If you have a package then you still need 2 reservations, and I'm not sure how it works for tickets or the DDP.

The other posters are correct. I too have had too many calls with CM's who were clueless. Some are excellent, and some are clueless. The trouble is, until you get into the middle of the call, you don't really know. My last trip, I sat on the phone for over an hour with one who was 'correcting' my personal info. It made me mad to do that on my dime to begin with, that she took so long only added to it. I really wanted to hang up. Since then, we booked a bounceback, and had to go through all of it all over again anyways. pirate:

Sorry for the rant.

I mostly just wanted to add that 1.) if you do get the dining plan for the first part of your trip, you can use the credits until midnight of the day you check out of that resort - so you can use them for dinner that night. You just have to use the same room key.

2.) It probably isn't worth it financially to get two sets of tickets. The cost of day one of a ticket as opposed to adding on day four is HUGE - Like $85 vs. $5. If you do have any package component attached to the second room, then someone physically has to go to the reosrt to check-in before you'll get your keys/tickets/meal credits.

Regarding the tickets, I bought a five day pass (on our room key) at SSR after one day we moved to BW. I went to the Concierge Desk, they deleted the park tickets from my SSR keys and added them to my BW keys with no problem at all. That way I only had to carry 4 "keys" instead of 8.

Regarding moving your luggage from one resort to the next all you have to do is call bell service and they'll take care of it. We've done splits too and they're very easy to do.

The other posters are correct. I too have had too many calls with CM's who were clueless. Some are excellent, and some are clueless. The trouble is, until you get into the middle of the call, you don't really know. My last trip, I sat on the phone for over an hour with one who was 'correcting' my personal info. It made me mad to do that on my dime to begin with, that she took so long only added to it. I really wanted to hang up. Since then, we booked a bounceback, and had to go through all of it all over again anyways. pirate:

Sorry for the rant.

I mostly just wanted to add that 1.) if you do get the dining plan for the first part of your trip, you can use the credits until midnight of the day you check out of that resort - so you can use them for dinner that night. You just have to use the same room key.

2.) It probably isn't worth it financially to get two sets of tickets. The cost of day one of a ticket as opposed to adding on day four is HUGE - Like $85 vs. $5. If you do have any package component attached to the second room, then someone physically has to go to the reosrt to check-in before you'll get your keys/tickets/meal credits.

I too have booked the bounceback on my previous trip, but was considering going to a more $$ deluxe for 4 nights, and a value for the first 3. Do you know if it can be done with a bounceback? It seem like it might be way too complicated and I am afraid that it will take too much time away from my trip. I don't want to be spending a whole day at the front desk staightening out plans.

We are doing this for the first time in Jan for 8 nights. We are pass holders so we do not have to pay for tickets. Our first hotel is Pop for 3 nights with Deluxe dinning then it will be off to AKL. We will have a car so that makes it easier for our change to AKL. But they did tell me that Pop could take it over but do not expect until after 4pm. If you have no car you take a taxi or go to the closest park and take the bus to the new resort. Your credits expire the day you check out.
Lexi:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter