Split stay RP and JW Marriott

micheleq

DIS Veteran
We are doing a short trip 8/21-8/24. Spending our first night at Royal Pacific (first time!) for express pass benefits, then the next two nights at the JW to slow down and enjoy some pool and resort amenities. In April we purchased seasonal APs that are good thru next June, so we don’t need to rush through the parks as I’m sure we will sneak in one more trip next year (my in laws live in Florida so Orlando is a nice side trip from their home).

We have done late August trips before and had good luck with crowds. Is anyone thinking that crowd levels will be higher this year with an influx of visitors to the area for Galaxys Edge?

Any advice for dining at RP for gluten allergies? My DH is pretty sensitive. Universal has gotten better over the years but some resorts are pretty limited.

And has anyone take the shuttle from the JW to Universal? We will have a rental car, but the shuttle option is always nice.

TIA!

hhoope01

Mouseketeer
We've used the shuttle to/from the JW before. It definitely won't be as "convenient" as the Universal buses used for CBR and other onsite hotels. If I remember correctly, the shuttle went out to Universal and returned to the hotel only 3 times per day. So you have to plan your day around those set shuttle times (or use a taxi/uber/lyft to get there or return.)

And I don't remember the shuttle ever getting very crowded. It was a big bus, but wasn't heavily used during our stays (early February and early December).

Did a quick search and found the following schedule online: https://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsites/us/m/mcojw/mcojw_pdfs/Mears_Shuttle_JW_May_2018_CLEAN_BRAND.PDF

micheleq

DIS Veteran
We've used the shuttle to/from the JW before. It definitely won't be as "convenient" as the Universal buses used for CBR and other onsite hotels. If I remember correctly, the shuttle went out to Universal and returned to the hotel only 3 times per day. So you have to plan your day around those set shuttle times (or use a taxi/uber/lyft to get there or return.)

And I don't remember the shuttle ever getting very crowded. It was a big bus, but wasn't heavily used during our stays (early February and early December).

Did a quick search and found the following schedule online: https://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsites/us/m/mcojw/mcojw_pdfs/Mears_Shuttle_JW_May_2018_CLEAN_BRAND.PDF
Thanks so much!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS