Split stay questions...

godfather927

Mouseketeer
Doing my first split stay and had some questions for the split stay pros...

It looks like you can't book two reservations in the same transaction, so I assume I need to make two separate reservations while signed into my MDE account so that they both will show up in the app?

I plan on doing room-only reservations, since it doesn't seem like adding tickets during checkout is any savings over just buying the tickets in a third transaction, or is my math off on this? I've always assumed that adding tickets to a hotel reservation provided a discount since it was a "package" but I guess that's no longer the case?

I've come to understand that my ADR window "resets" for each reservation, so does that mean I can't book an ADR until 60 days out from my second check-in day?

so does that mean I can't book an ADR until 60 days out from my second check-in day?

You can book 60+10 (or length of stay) for the first reservation and then 60+10 (or length of stay) for the second reservation.

So let's say you're doing 4 nights at each. You could book 60+4 at 60 days from the first stay and then 60+4 at 60 days from the second stay.

I can't help with the other questions as I have no desire to ever do a split stay, so I haven't looked into how to make them.

It looks like you can't book two reservations in the same transaction, so I assume I need to make two separate reservations while signed into my MDE account so that they both will show up in the app?
Yes, the right way to look at it is that you’re making two separate resort reservations (they just happen to be back to back). ‘Split stay’ is more discussion forum jargon than any sort of official term - in Disney’s eyes your have two separate and distinct reservations.

You can book 60+10 (or length of stay) for the first reservation and then 60+10 (or length of stay) for the second reservation.

So let's say you're doing 4 nights at each. You could book 60+4 at 60 days from the first stay and then 60+4 at 60 days from the second stay.

I can't help with the other questions as I have no desire to ever do a split stay, so I haven't looked into how to make them.
Got it, so in our case since we're doing 4 nights at CBR and then 4 nights at CSR, then we can book ADRs for any day of our stay starting at 60 days from our first check-in day at CBR?

Yes, the right way to look at it is that you’re making two separate resort reservations (they just happen to be back to back). ‘Split stay’ is more discussion forum jargon than any sort of official term - in Disney’s eyes your have two separate and distinct reservations.
What I figured, just wanted to double check. Thanks for confirming!

Got it, so in our case since we're doing 4 nights at CBR and then 4 nights at CSR, then we can book ADRs for any day of our stay starting at 60 days from our first check-in day at CBR?
No. Just the days you are at CBR. Then you can make them for the rest of the time you're at CSR. The +10 only applies if your stay (as was stated above, CBR is one stay, CSR is another stay in Disney's eyes) is 10 days. Otherwise it's only as long as the stay (in your case 4 nights).

No. Just the days you are at CBR. Then you can make them for the rest of the time you're at CSR.
Ok so my first ADRs are book at 60 days out of our first check-in but only for our CBR days, and then 4 days later I can book the remaining ADRs.

Ok so my first ADRs are book at 60 days out of our first check-in but only for our CBR days, and then 4 days later I can book the remaining ADRs.

Correct. Because you have 2 stays. And unless one stay is 10 days, it's 60 + length of stay.

No you cannot..10 days or length of stay whichever is less. So for you its 60 days plus 4 first resort then 60 plus 4 for second resort. So 2 separate rounds of reservations

The one disadvantage for the split stay is getting hard dining because you’ll be limited by the number of nights, it won’t see it as an 8 night stay. When you do online check in for the second seat mention you’ll be checking in early to try and help your second room be ready earlier in the day. I’d recommend moving your luggage yourself, if you have bell services do it you could be without it for a long time. I have an annual pass so don’t know about the package ticket question. I’ve done a lot of split stays and like them for the experience of two different resorts in a trip. I try to have a lot planned on the switch over day so I don’t have to worry about not having a room

The one disadvantage for the split stay is getting hard dining because you’ll be limited by the number of nights, it won’t see it as an 8 night stay. When you do online check in for the second seat mention you’ll be checking in early to try and help your second room be ready earlier in the day. I’d recommend moving your luggage yourself, if you have bell services do it you could be without it for a long time. I have an annual pass so don’t know about the package ticket question. I’ve done a lot of split stays and like them for the experience of two different resorts in a trip. I try to have a lot planned on the switch over day so I don’t have to worry about not having a room
We plan on doing a park that day, so I doubt we'll be in any rush, but plans aren't set in stone yet.

We love split stays. Our trips are longer ones, and so being able to experience 3 resorts during that time is really fun. One thing that we have found helpful is to schedule a late lunch for the changeover day - like 3:00 or so. That way, we go to a park in the morning, then when we would normally go back to the resort for a break, we head to a nice meal instead, and by the time we’re done, the new room is ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter