Split stay question

thornton0511

DIS Veteran
Okay so my here is the basis for my question. Let's say I want to book a vacation pkg with free dining but I want to arrive a couple of days before the promo starts. So I am thinking of staying the first few nights at another resort and then move to a different resort for when my pkg starts. My question is how would I get from my first resort early in the morn to my second resort to pick up my KTTW cards without a car? Also just for clarification I would want to book a room only for the first two days and a free dining pkg for the remaining days and planning on hitting the parks early the morn of the resort swap which is why I would like to get there as early in the morn as possible.

You have 2 options. Take a bus/boat/monorail to the closest park. Then take a bus/boat/monorail to the 2nd resort. Buses start running at 6:30AM for early ADRs.

Or you can take a taxi from resort #1 to resort #2. This would be my choice by the way.:thumbsup2

You can pick up your tickets up to 3 days early at guest relations at the park or DTD. What I would do is have bell services move my luggage, check out, and go to the park of choice for the day. Then take the bus to the new resort and check in. Hopefully it'll be late enough for your room to be ready. Just call bell services for your luggage and they will bring it up.

If you have a later ADR or want to go swimming you might want to pack some clothes or swimsuits in a small bag if you don't head to the resort first because it could take a little time to get your luggage

The only kink in the plan would be if you have an afternoon ADR at the park you want to visit and need your dining credits or want to charge to the room.

The only kink in the plan would be if you have an afternoon ADR at the park you want to visit and need your dining credits or want to charge to the room.

You can always go to the second hotel in the morning so you can check in and get your cards with tickets on them. This way, you can visit the park all day and go back to the resort and go right to your room (they text you when you're room is ready).

Regardless, each time we do this, I find it easier to just take a cab from hotel #1 to hotel #2 and check in, leave my bags and then head out for the day with my new card. Then I go back to hotel #2 and I'm all set. It costs a few extra bucks but it just seems to make things easier.

I would pick up my tickets early. Give your bags to bell services and fill out a transfer form and then head to the park. In the afternoon, check in to the new resort. Last time we did that our bags didnt arrive till 7 pm (we had given them to bell at 8 AM). So make sure you have everything you need before you drop them off. It is really easy though!

Thanks for you imput everyone! We are not planning to go until Nov-Dec 2013 which I realize is waayy in advance but I am a super planner and just trying to learn about split stays and such.

I am also holding on to the crazy idea that Disney will once again have "free" dining right after Thanksgiving which I know there is no way of knowing what Disney is planning to offer this soon but I will still plan for it :thumbsup2.

I would love for free dining to be offered the day after Thanksgiving like it is this year but I looked at years past and it did not start until several days after and I would like to arrive day after the holiday and stay until the following Sun (8 nights).

So I was thinking worst case scenario I could still arrive and be in the world a few days and then start a free dining package when its avaliable if that makes any sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter