Split stay question...food!

ShepFam

Mouseketeer
I've searched the threads and I haven't found the answer (or maybe I didn't look hard enough!) but...we are planning a split stay this summer and we usually order lots of food from wego or gardengrocer. My question is, will they move the food to our new resort (if it is packed of course) along with our luggage, and more importantly will the things that need to be kept refrigerated be done so at the resort we are leaving and then at the new one we are checking into? Just wondering if anyone has ever had food moved with their luggage and how it all went! Thanks:surfweb:

My question is, will they move the food to our new resort (if it is packed of course) along with our luggage, and more importantly will the things that need to be kept refrigerated be done so at the resort we are leaving and then at the new one we are checking into?

Yup!:thumbsup2 Just make sure what needs to be refrigerated is clearly marked and separate from what doesn't need to be refrigerated.

Thanks dansdad...that will make things much easier and one less thing to have to worry about!

Make sure you note down how many food bags you have, for yourself and a brief description of what type, color, bag it is. Grocery store name?
For some reason Bell Service has a problem with finding the bags. We've had our groceries stored twice, leaving bags at Bell Service for early check in when room wasn't ready yet. Both times when I got into the room and called down to Bell Service for them to bring up luggage, at least one food bag each time was missing, and they had to look for it. :confused3

We've also had problems with missing bags; it's a time sucker waiting on bell services to locate. It has happened to us twice now.

Also keep in mind that items are not refrigerated during the actual transfer. I've ended up with wilted greens that couldn't handle the heat in the transport vans (there is no way to know how long your items will be in transit).

We do it every trip, sometimes twice a trip! I never had a missing bag. I usually bring a soft cooler and some gallon zip locks in my suitcase. Then i can fill the ziplocks with ice and pack them with the food in the soft cooler. When is time to go home, i can put the cooler back in my suitcase.

I'll definitely mark everything very carefully, and Taz the idea of the soft cooler (what I usually call the "booze bag"!) is a great one for cold cuts, milk, etc. So thanks again everyone, as usual the best place for info. from those in the know :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter