Split Stay/Magic Bands

GoofyKidd

DIS Veteran
So we are staying one night at a moderate since our flight arrives late-a room only reservation. The next day we are checking into a deluxe with a complete package with dining, tickets, memory maker, etc. I received 2 sets of Magic Bands-I now know I could have declined a set but was unsure how this all works. Both reservations are linked together and appear together in MDE. My question is on check in day of day 2, I've heard that your luggage can be moved from one resort to the other without us needing to accompany it. Is this true? If so, we could just leave from that first resort and go straight to the park. At the end of the day go to the deluxe hotel and check in and retrieve our baggage. This brings up my next question, will the second set of magic bands be activated with our park tickets, dining, memory maker, etc without us having checked into the 2nd resort? Confusing! Thank you in advance for your help!

There is nothing "on" your bands. They simply point to your MDE account, where your ticket media, etc., is linked.

While Disney always gives you new MagicBands by default with each hotel reservation, you'll only ever need one MagicBand per person (until the tiny battery inside dies after 1+ years). However, every MagicBand you do get is linked to the same one MDE account. So, you'll only need one MB/person for your entire trip.

For the luggage transfer, you drop off your luggage with Bell Services at your first resort. You'll get a receipt for them that you'll use to pick them up at your 2nd resort, again from Bell services. You can also have Bell Services deliver your luggage once you arrive to your room, just be ready to tip and hold on to that receipt. You may need to wait a while for them to be delivered.

Also stop by the front desk the morning you transfer and have them close your bill out. This way you won't have an issue with the second resort and charging to your magic bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter