Split stay, Dining Plan question. Help!

DaveRaq

Earning My Ears
I need some of your valuable help. Long story, short: I made a Magical Gathering res thru AAA for 12 back in Jan at the AKL for 9 nights with 9 day Park Hopper and DP. After reading some of your great advice, we decided to split the stay at the Poly. Our TA who is really good and experienced, had a little trouble but was able to pull it off. Well, come 45 days out and ready for payment, she realized that when Disney split the stay from 9 nights at AKL to 4 nights, that the DP was for only 4 nights. I did receive an invoice prior to 45 days, but I didn't catch it as the original quote was for DP for 9 nights. Our TA tried a few different avenues, but Disney would not budge on us having to purchase a one day park ticket so we could get the DP for the remaining 5 nights. I tried calling myself but I got the same answer. The thing is, our Family REALLY likes the DP. Our MG has now increased to 15, so a one day park ticket, which would be useless to us, would cost my family over $900!!!
Is there any chance on when we arrive at the AKL that it is worth my time to talk to anyone at Disney regarding this? It's not like we want to get something for nothing as we want to pay for the DP for 5 nights. Also, you would think that when the res was changed, Disney would have mentioned that the DP was going down to 4 nights. My TA says that Disney mentioned nothing of the sort.
I know that some of you will say that this is the TA's fault, but there is nothing she could do now.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Dave

Sorry this is not the answer you will want to hear, but I don't think there is anything that can be done.

In Disney's system, two different resorts = two different package reservations. Each one is subject to the rules of the package. This is why split stays are usually only recommended for room-only reservations.

Your cheapest option will be to buy the number of days of tickets you need with the first package. This will be 5 nights lodging, 5 nights dining, and 9 days of park tickets. The second package will be 4 nights lodging, 4 nights dining, and the one day park ticket that you will not have to use. This one day park ticket will be good "forever" as long as it is not used or activated in any way.

You are out of luck. That is the rule. It isn't Disney's fault you decided to split your stay.

Sorry. Thats the way it is when you split a stay on a package. Each resort is a package unto itself so if you want the dining plan the whole time you have to stay at the same resort the whole time or buy a day ticket for each leg of your stay. They really arent useless as they can be used any time. Say for instance a future trip.
I know its not what you want to hear but it is what it is.

I read on these boards some months ago that one dis-er e-mailed Disney, and a special Disney CM called them back and said that although the Disney reservation system is not set up to do it, it can be done, and they did it for them without having to buy the extra ticket. The CM had said that most CM's do not know how to do it, or even that it can be done, but any e-mails regarding this topic were forwarded to her to handle it for them. I think it would be worth a try. Don't forget to e-mail your phone number! :goodvibes

GoodFairies said:
Sorry this is not the answer you will want to hear, but I don't think there is anything that can be done.

In Disney's system, two different resorts = two different package reservations. Each one is subject to the rules of the package. This is why split stays are usually only recommended for room-only reservations.

Your cheapest option will be to buy the number of days of tickets you need with the first package. This will be 5 nights lodging, 5 nights dining, and 9 days of park tickets. The second package will be 4 nights lodging, 4 nights dining, and the one day park ticket that you will not have to use. This one day park ticket will be good "forever" as long as it is not used or activated in any way.

This is the way we did it last year. The one day ticket will be good to use whenever - in fact we will be using ours soon :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter