Split Stay DDP Question

DisneyDoesMyHair

Mouseketeer
We are staying DVC AKL-Kidani first two days, then switching to another room category in same resort on third day (standard to savannah). We have DDP for all three days.
We plan on using 4 TS and 8 snack credits the first day, 8 QS and 8 snack credits the second day, and 4 TS on the third morning. The third morning is checkout and check in to the new category. Will my new points immediately become available after the TS breakfast on the third morning? Has anyone experienced problems with this?

We are staying DVC AKL-Kidani first two days, then switching to another room category in same resort on third day (standard to savannah). We have DDP for all three days.
We plan on using 4 TS and 8 snack credits the first day, 8 QS and 8 snack credits the second day, and 4 TS on the third morning. The third morning is checkout and check in to the new category. Will my new points immediately become available after the TS breakfast on the third morning? Has anyone experienced problems with this?

The only problem you might have is that ALL credits from the first stay must be used before you can access the 2nd stay. That includes snack credits. So as long as all of your credits are gone, you should be good to go.

I also believe it helps if you check out of the first stay at the desk. They can then check your credits, make sure you have used everything (or tell you what may be left). Since you are staying at the same resort, you could also check in for your second stay at the same time (and check to see if there is a room ready so you can go right to it). We've done this both times we have had a split stay and not had any issues with the dining plan credits for either stay.

The only problem you might have is that ALL credits from the first stay must be used before you can access the 2nd stay. That includes snack credits. So as long as all of your credits are gone, you should be good to go.
This is what I am hoping to achieve. I used a dining plan calculator to make sure our ADR’s and planned meals would meet the requirements to use all credits from the first stay.

I also believe it helps if you check out of the first stay at the desk. They can then check your credits, make sure you have used everything (or tell you what may be left). Since you are staying at the same resort, you could also check in for your second stay at the same time (and check to see if there is a room ready so you can go right to it). We've done this both times we have had a split stay and not had any issues with the dining plan credits for either stay.
I have read multiple times on the boards that it is best to check in/out at the desk with split stays, regardless of DDP. Have you used online checkin with split stays at all in the past? Off topic, but is there a longer wait for a room if you check in at the desk vs online?

We have had 2 split stays in the past. Neither room was ready when we checked out/checked in, but the one at Boardwalk was ready soon after we got there. The people at Wilderness Lodge called and asked them if it was ready as we checked out. We had done online check in both times, and actually the one we had to wait was just a room change at Wilderness. However, both times we had room requests- and the longer wait at Wilderness was because we were with a party of 21 where the rooms were requested to be near each other. So, my experience has been that online check in has no real effect unless you have room requests- then you may be waiting longer for the request.

We have had 2 split stays in the past. Neither room was ready when we checked out/checked in, but the one at Boardwalk was ready soon after we got there. The people at Wilderness Lodge called and asked them if it was ready as we checked out. We had done online check in both times, and actually the one we had to wait was just a room change at Wilderness. However, both times we had room requests- and the longer wait at Wilderness was because we were with a party of 21 where the rooms were requested to be near each other. So, my experience has been that online check in has no real effect unless you have room requests- then you may be waiting longer for the request.
I am not placing any room requests this trip. I figured his is our first trip, and once we have a better idea of what we like, we could make requests on future trips. Maybe without special requests, we can get a room quicker. I won’t be placing all my eggs in that basket, but a girl can dream.

So when you check in to the 2nd reservation, do all your credits (from first stay) need to be used by then (check-in) or by midnight that night? Wasn't sure since technically the "new" dining plan will start that day as well.

So when you check in to the 2nd reservation, do all your credits (from first stay) need to be used by then (check-in) or by midnight that night? Wasn't sure since technically the "new" dining plan will start that day as well.

Your credits from the first stay are good until midnight of the day you check out no matter where you go that night. You will not be able to access the new dining plan credits until ALL credits from the first stay are used or expired at midnight. So even though, technically, the new dining plan starts on check-out/check-in day, you can't use it if you haven't finished using all the credits from the old one.

PP is correct- they are available until midnight of your check out day. It is worth it to double check at the restaurant that it is tied to the dining plan for your first stay if you are using them up. Even though you are not supposed to be able to access the new credits until all the ones from the first stay are used up, occasionally someone can see both sets of credits and hits the wrong button.

Also, all the credits means both meal and snack credits, so make sure you use all your snacks up as well!

If it helps, we have the same situation coming up for a trip later in the year. I was told to check in with the concierge at each resort to have them check the credits and make sure that there’s no problem. So we plan on doing that. Good luck

If it helps, we have the same situation coming up for a trip later in the year. I was told to check in with the concierge at each resort to have them check the credits and make sure that there’s no problem. So we plan on doing that. Good luck
I’m thinking this is the most fool-proof way to make sure we don’t run into any snags.

I have a split stay and wanting to possibly add the DDP to the last stay.

I was told I have to physically check in at AKL before I get the credits.

This would mean I have to go from BW to AKL when we plan to spend the day at Epcot.
Does this sound correct?

Not to hijack the thread but I had a similar question. I have to do a split stay since the resort room I wanted was unavailable for my entire stay. On the day we switch resorts, I was planning to use 4QS from my upcoming reservation in the morning and then my last 4 TS credits from the prior reservation in the evening.

I was told it would be possible by the CM on the phone, but according to people here it seems I wouldn't be able to access the QS from the upcoming reservation? Meh :(

Not to hijack the thread but I had a similar question. I have to do a split stay since the resort room I wanted was unavailable for my entire stay. On the day we switch resorts, I was planning to use 4QS from my upcoming reservation in the morning and then my last 4 TS credits from the prior reservation in the evening.

I was told it would be possible by the CM on the phone, but according to people here it seems I wouldn't be able to access the QS from the upcoming reservation? Meh :(
Right You can’t

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!