Split stay - APH rate for one night then switching hotels, activate pass?

mgpan

Mouseketeer
So, we are staying at SF for our first night at a lower rate than the resort for which we are staying the rest of the time RPR. We arrive to SF that first night later at night after parks have closed.

We will not therefore have been to a park to activate our pass until after we check out of SF, walk over and check in to RPR first thing the next morning (before parks open). How do we then present a "valid annual pass" at check-in, or check-out for that matter to SF to get the AP rate?

Will the hotel have a ticket desk, concierge, etc. open that late that can activate the pass or at least ok the rate based on the paperwork showing purchase? Do I have to go back to SF at some point and try to get them to modify a stay after I've already checked out? Is it possible to get the AP rate for that one first night or because of the activation issue, do i have to stay offsite to get a lower rate that's within my budget?

Concierge and attraction desks close maybe at 9-10 pm at the hotel

Just show your ap after you get it and do your Park day

Not necessary to show the ap at check in
Just show the ap day before you check out to hold your ap discounted rate

This is frequently done by others

If you also booked the ap rate at the first hotel, explain the situation and show them your voucher
Have a manager work with you to have your rate held

Thanks Macraven,

I hope that the manager will work with me. We do have AP rates at both hotels, just won't be able to activate (use at park) the ap voucher until after we've checked out of the first hotel. I don't even mind going back over there after parks close one of the following days if needed.

I haven’t needed an activated ap. Just tell them at checkin that you bought an ap (online I imagine?). Asking lets them tell you what they need and when. I’m sure the email confirmation will suffice if they ask for that.

This isn’t worth worrying about for one more second.

There is a uo guest service in city walk

Believe they don’t close until midnight

They are open 7 days a week

I buy my last minute party pass there for city walk places

Check and see if they also issue ap’s

If you call or email guest service at the studios park, they would be able to tell you if city walk guest services redeems the vouchers for ap

Not sure what your rate at SF is, but what I tend to do when I'm arriving late, I'll find a cheap hotel close to the airport. They will normally have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Then I will taxi/uber/lyft early the next morning to the onsite hotel I'm checking in to (usually RPR :) ). That way I save a little bit on staying onsite that first night (given I probably wouldn't get to see or do much that evening anyway.) If you can get everyone up and ready to go by 6 or 7am you can be over at RPR in time for early entry to the parks. :drive:

I'm with bumbershoot. Don't worry about it. My last stay as I checked in I was asked if I already had my AP. I said yes and was not asked to see it. IF they ask (and that is a big if) I would expect that your paperwork showing you purchased the AP should suffice. I would be very surprised if they insisted on seeing an activated AP. Please come back after your trip and update us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter