Split stay and ticket question

kristin08

Mouseketeer
I am doing a split stay in November at Boardwalk Villas (5 nights total). Not switching hotels, just room view categories. I have two separate dining plans since they are different reservations, but I have a question about my park tickets. I wanted to get them put on the KTTW cards for convenience. Is this even possible with a split stay? If so how does it work since we will be getting new KTTW cards after 2 nights?
Thanks!

I am pretty sure you can get your entire park ticket purchase put on the first key and then they can just transfer the info over to the new key.

Thanks! I will just double check when I put the tickets on the card the first time.

we do split stays many times. we have the tickets on the first Key to the world card (KTTW) card.

when you check in to the next reservation (whether it is at the same resort, or a dif. one) you CAN have them transfer the tickets to the new KTTW card,... we never do.

we just keep the first card for our tickets, and the 2nd just for a room key and credit purchases.

we have had a few problems with tickets transferring. it probably wouldn't happen again, but to us, it's no biggie to just use one card for the tickets and leave it as such, and another for the room key/ room charge.

we do split stays many times. we have the tickets on the first Key to the world card (KTTW) card.

when you check in to the next reservation (whether it is at the same resort, or a dif. one) you CAN have them transfer the tickets to the new KTTW card,... we never do.

we just keep the first card for our tickets, and the 2nd just for a room key and credit purchases.

we have had a few problems with tickets transferring. it probably wouldn't happen again, but to us, it's no biggie to just use one card for the tickets and leave it as such, and another for the room key/ room charge.

smidgy --

You seem to have experience with split stays, so let me see if I understand correctly.

I had a package booked for Pop C, but when my son decided to join me I switched to Poly for the three nights he will be with me. As I was making the reservation (over the phone since it was a change) I found out it won't be a package anymore just a room reservation, so I guess that means no mini golf, no Planet Hollywood coupon, and no luggage tags :( .

My actual question is, do I need to wait until I get to the Poly to get tickets? I'll get him a 4 day and I want to get myself an 8 day. The tickets will be added to our room keys and you're saying when I switch resorts I'll continue to use the "Poly ticket" for theme park admission and my new room card for the room?

How does it work for charging to the room? The new card?

I've never done a plit stay before, and I know I'm spending too much time worrying about the tickets, but I don't want to make a mi$take.

Hope you see this post and can figure out what I'm asking. :thumbsup2

smidgy --

You seem to have experience with split stays, so let me see if I understand correctly.

I had a package booked for Pop C, but when my son decided to join me I switched to Poly for the three nights he will be with me. As I was making the reservation (over the phone since it was a change) I found out it won't be a package anymore just a room reservation, so I guess that means no mini golf, no Planet Hollywood coupon, and no luggage tags :( .

My actual question is, do I need to wait until I get to the Poly to get tickets? I'll get him a 4 day and I want to get myself an 8 day. The tickets will be added to our room keys and you're saying when I switch resorts I'll continue to use the "Poly ticket" for theme park admission and my new room card for the room?

How does it work for charging to the room? The new card?

I've never done a plit stay before, and I know I'm spending too much time worrying about the tickets, but I don't want to make a mi$take.

Hope you see this post and can figure out what I'm asking. :thumbsup2

I'm not sure I understand where you will be staying first. the resort where you stay FIRST will be your package. put the tickets (dining plan, if you are getting it) , everything on your first resort. (you will get the vouchers, tags, etc.) you can hava more tickets days on your package than resort days.
so say you are at pop 4 days and poly 3 (or reversed, whichever). your package is 4 days at pop and 7 day tickets. then your poly reservation is a room only. you just use that room key for room key, charging etc. you can keep your tickets on the first, pop, room key. (if you choose to have the tickets transferred,I suggest keeping the first one with you .. just in case!).

when your son meets up with you, he will have a 3 day room only amd you can purchase tickets. you don't need a package to use magical express, and he will receive luggage tags.

the you will stil have the planet hoolywood voucher ($15 off) and the mini golf (one free). from the package for your [pop stay.

you can purchase your mug at the first resort and yes, you can still use it at the second. it is the same vacation.

If however, you need for some reason to pick up tickets early, you can pick them up up to 3 days early at a guest services spot (at a park or DTD). see cheshire figments stickey: Everythign you need to know about tickets.

I hope this helps . oh! also, lay you bought the dining plan for the first stay, your dining credits are good to use until midnight check out day.. so you could use them at the poly the first day.

hope Ididn't confuse you. any questions?

if so, I'll try to get back to you after work.. new year's eve, a waitress, always works this night! happy new years!

I'm not sure I understand where you will be staying first. the resort where you stay FIRST will be your package. put the tickets (dining plan, if you are getting it) , everything on your first resort. (you will get the vouchers, tags, etc.) you can hava more tickets days on your package than resort days.
so say you are at pop 4 days and poly 3 (or reversed, whichever). your package is 4 days at pop and 7 day tickets. then your poly reservation is a room only. you just use that room key for room key, charging etc. you can keep your tickets on the first, pop, room key. (if you choose to have the tickets transferred,I suggest keeping the first one with you .. just in case!).

when your son meets up with you, he will have a 3 day room only amd you can purchase tickets. you don't need a package to use magical express, and he will receive luggage tags.

the you will stil have the planet hoolywood voucher ($15 off) and the mini golf (one free). from the package for your [pop stay.

you can purchase your mug at the first resort and yes, you can still use it at the second. it is the same vacation.

If however, you need for some reason to pick up tickets early, you can pick them up up to 3 days early at a guest services spot (at a park or DTD). see cheshire figments stickey: Everythign you need to know about tickets.

I hope this helps . oh! also, lay you bought the dining plan for the first stay, your dining credits are good to use until midnight check out day.. so you could use them at the poly the first day.

hope Ididn't confuse you. any questions?

if so, I'll try to get back to you after work.. new year's eve, a waitress, always works this night! happy new years!

Thanks for the extensive reply.

I think I blew it (even though I was on the phone with the res agent a l-o-n-g time. I called a day when the computers were running slow.)

I have two room only reservations. It sounds like I should have made the first one a package, gotten us both 4 day tickets and then upgraded mine to 8 days after my son left. I thought if I got the package with the first resort I would have to get us both 4 day tickets and then get myself another 4 day ticket at the second resort.

By making the change I did I lost the $79 I paid for trip insurance I had with my original reservation. :sad2: So I get the $200 deposit back, MINUS $79. Apparently insurance is only for packages and not for room only. (I've never done room only before.)

I'm not sure it's worth is to call back to make the package. Of the goodies, the only one I really want are the luggage tags.

I hope your night at work went well.

We went to a New Year's "Adam" party last night. No hooping and hollering for us tonight.

new years adam? sounds fun! I just got home from work myself, waitressing.. happy new year!

I'm pretty sure you can still get Magical express with a room only reservation.. no, I KNOW you can.. and won't they still send you luggage tags then with the ME voucher?

yeah, we always do a package with the first resort, and include the tickets there. well, no this year, cause this year we purchased an annual pass for the first time.

we did do the free dining package late nov/early dec. we needed to buy a couple days tickets to get the free dining, whcih we haven't used. (cause we have the annual pass).. so these tickets are still on the room key.. we will upgrade them when our annual pass expires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!